Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

johnhowell

Latest Census Data Released

14 posts in this topic

It could because of the military however it wouldn't surprise me if not entirely. The city has been somewhat stagnant (and maybe even losing population) the last few years.

I'm not surprised. Our loss seems to be Chesapeake and Suffolk's gain.

It's still an overpriced region with no soul. But there are gov't jobs.

The one year net loss seems a little strange considering our relatively stable economy (compared to many other areas, at least). These things are estimated based on residential building occupation permits and the number of reported births, deaths and the estimated net migration. Driver license transfers are often used as a proxy for estimating migration vectors. All of our military activities make the task a bit complicated. We did lose the Ford plant, and some residual out migration may have happened there during the last year. Some other job contractions are probably a factor too.

link

Beginning today, 2,000 people will hit the streets statewide to canvass addresses in preparation for next year

Haven't VA 2010 Census results been released? Is there no discussion here of the new population figures for VA cities, counties, metro areas, etc.?

Haven't VA 2010 Census results been released? Is there no discussion here of the new population figures for VA cities, counties, metro areas, etc.?

Krazeeboi, I just noticed this entry.

If you go to the Richmond Development thread and check postings on February 3rd, 4th and 6th (presently on page 145 of that thread) you'll see that the decennial census results for Metro Richmond are posted. The entry on Feb. 6th reveals figures for the state and, especially, the urban crescent from Nova via Richmond to Hampton Roads.

I probably should have started a new topic titled "2011 Virginia Census Figures" because nobody seemed interested enough to comment.