Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

Devos Place going GREEN

GRDadof3    1826

I put this in the general forum because the plans include some other interesting news.

DeVos Place is taking a greener approach

by Chris Knape {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} The Grand Rapids Press

Thursday March 27, 2008, 7:38 AM

GRAND RAPIDS -- DeVos Place may have opened a little early to catch the local LEED wave, but that does not mean it cannot catch up by getting a little green.

The Grand Rapids-Kent County Convention Arena Authority is looking at ways to make the convention center and Van Andel Arena more environmentally friendly.

The convention center was designed just prior to a boom in the local trend toward green building using the U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design standards.

In recent years, West Michigan has gained a reputation for having one of the highest concentrations of green buildings in the world.

More on the plans here

But the CAA also mentioned this:

Heacock's other proposals included working closer with the Downtown Alliance to cross-promote activities downtown, perhaps supporting street entertainers and musicians and becoming more involved in making use of Rosa Parks Circle or Monroe Center for preconcert or convention-related activities

d8alterego    1

Why not make Devos Place and the Arena zero waste facilities? Or would that be too difficult? I would assume that such an undertaking would be.

darajeanne    0
Why not make Devos Place and the Arena zero waste facilities? Or would that be too difficult? I would assume that such an undertaking would be.