Critical Mass?

Migman

Did anyone else participate? It was my first time and I had an absolute blast! There were literally hundreds of cyclists that took over the streets of downtown during our 40-minute bike ride from the Science Center to a local bike shop where the owner graciously had some beer kegs waiting for us. If anyone wants to participate Critical Mass happens on the last Friday of every month at the Science Center @ around 5PM.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds like a fun event. Starting at 5:00 on a Friday makes it kind of hard to participate though. It also seems to be kind of in your face to the non-cycling popuation. Which I guess may be part of the draw. But wouldn't this be more fun without being confrontational on a Saturday or Sunday morning?

Sounds like fun to me also. I actually drove by the OSC about 5:15 that day and saw people gathering on my way home. I do try and ride my bike to work on Friday so I might try and show up next month. Kind of hard with a kid but I'm sure I can arrange something. 10 is probably a little young.

Did you just show up or go with some other people you knew?

That sounds like a fun event. Starting at 5:00 on a Friday makes it kind of hard to participate though. It also seems to be kind of in your face to the non-cycling popuation. Which I guess may be part of the draw. But wouldn't this be more fun without being confrontational on a Saturday or Sunday morning?

Archived