Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Voice of Reason

Cirque du Soleil's stay to add over $1.5M to econemy

9 posts in this topic

Nice Article in the HBJ about the impace that the circus will have on the city. from housing to food costs to fire and police. it's really quite impressive. Also it touches on the effevt that the 85000 visitors might have on the resturant business downtown.

I know my wife and I are bringing here parents to the show, and peppercorns, so I suppose the value of something like this cant be underestimated.

http://www.hartfordbusiness.com/news5017.html

Cirque du Soleil isn

I saw them in Montreal. Great show and a great time; I'd recommend this to anyone.

My parents saw it in Vegas and loved it. I am definitely going to try to check it out with my fiance' while they are here this time.

I've seen Cirque here, in Vegas, and in San Diego. Every show was great, too bad we couldn't figure out how to get a semi-permanent status....

Has anyone been yet?

I am pretty excited. I will be there Saturday with the inlaws.

I was going to hit peppercorns before the show but my inlaws are excelent Itallian cooks so why take them to an Itallian place. Any other suggestions for the pre show dinner?

If we dont figure out something that sounds good we will go to our fall back Thai place in Manchester that we love.

Has anyone been yet?

I am pretty excited. I will be there Saturday with the inlaws.

I was going to hit peppercorns before the show but my inlaws are excelent Itallian cooks so why take them to an Itallian place. Any other suggestions for the pre show dinner?

If we dont figure out something that sounds good we will go to our fall back Thai place in Manchester that we love.

Good times!!!

I could not believe how busy downtown was today. I got downtown at 530 or so and every street I walked on was busy and every resturant I walked by was packed.

There was a wolfpack game, people leaving the early show at Cirque, people coming to eat before the 2nd showing of Cirque.

Not sure what else was happening, but it was just full of life. people running, walking dogs, playing tourist, everything. I was impressed big time and I am an optimist. The In-laws were very suprised since they live in the sticks and dont come to town hardly ever.

good day for Hartford.

Good times!!!

I could not believe how busy downtown was today. I got downtown at 530 or so and every street I walked on was busy and every resturant I walked by was packed.

There was a wolfpack game, people leaving the early show at Cirque, people coming to eat before the 2nd showing of Cirque.

Not sure what else was happening, but it was just full of life. people running, walking dogs, playing tourist, everything. I was impressed big time and I am an optimist. The In-laws were very suprised since they live in the sticks and dont come to town hardly ever.

good day for Hartford.