Fun Parks in Columbus

mitchella81

I have found out today that Columbus has another indoor fun park about to open. This comes just a few weeks after Zoo City opened up on Airport Thruway. In addition in the last couple of years Monkey Joes opened up in the Landings. Chuck E Cheese has been in the market for a long time. Hollywood connection is in the valley. And now "Jumpin Jax" will be opening on Milgen Road. How does everyone feel about this can Columbus support this many indoor rec centers? Voice your opinions and thoughts here

Oh by the way: The new fun park is called "Jumpin Jax" it has a coming soon sign up. It is located on Milgen Road in what was formerly Breakers nightclub. Don't know the history of the building, but I believe at one time it may have been a indoor fun park.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have found out today that Columbus has another indoor fun park about to open. This comes just a few weeks after Zoo City opened up on Airport Thruway. In addition in the last couple of years Monkey Joes opened up in the Landings. Chuck E Cheese has been in the market for a long time. Hollywood connection is in the valley. And now "Jumpin Jax" will be opening on Milgen Road. How does everyone feel about this can Columbus support this many indoor rec centers? Voice your opinions and thoughts here

Oh by the way: The new fun park is called "Jumpin Jax" it has a coming soon sign up. It is located on Milgen Road in what was formerly Breakers nightclub. Don't know the history of the building, but I believe at one time it may have been a indoor fun park.

I think the market can support them as well. I was at Monkey Joes on Saturday and there were quite a few people there and then we headed over to Zoo City and it was packed with people.

Some friends that are related to the owner told me that they're doing great and they've had so many people in Zoo City USA and some points that they almost had to turn people away (fire codes, etc.) Also they told me that they're having aroudn 15-20 birthday parties each weekend (friday-sunday).

Is Jumpin Jax a chain or is it local? The building that it's going in was a indoor fun park called Gofer Fun Park and had batting cages, go carts, putt putt golf - it was great when I was little to go there.

I think the market can support them as well. I was at Monkey Joes on Saturday and there were quite a few people there and then we headed over to Zoo City and it was packed with people.

Some friends that are related to the owner told me that they're doing great and they've had so many people in Zoo City USA and some points that they almost had to turn people away (fire codes, etc.) Also they told me that they're having aroudn 15-20 birthday parties each weekend (friday-sunday).

Is Jumpin Jax a chain or is it local? The building that it's going in was a indoor fun park called Gofer Fun Park and had batting cages, go carts, putt putt golf - it was great when I was little to go there.

I'm not sure about jumpin jax being a chain or not. Also i'm not sure about goper fun park I'm not orginally from here. it's on Milgen road right before you get to Whisperwood apartments. It's a large green and white building with what could have been a go cart track behind it. I really wasn't sure about how well Zoo City was doing I don't hear many people talking about it nor see advertisments. Monkey Joes is a franchise i've seen the areas they locate in are pretty uppy so I would expect they were doing well.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all,

I work at Zoo City and thanks for all the kind words, We are planning on being here for a long time. We have things here that differ from all the other fun parks, one is our go-karts(adult and Jr. tracks) there is no one else here in town with them, the nearest one are in Panama City and there outdoor karts. One of the other thing is the puppet shows (which I coordinate,and most proud of )which are personally scripted for each party or show which kids like. I think as long as we keep things New and fun we will last

We pride our self as having something for the whole family,Parents, teens ,and kids. So if you haven't stoped by try us out!! Come see Toucan Land!!!

Wes

PR

• 5 months later...

i love fun parks it would be good to see columbus georgia get an outdoor fun park like a small outdoor fun park like the outdoor small fun parks like they have in panama city florida with the sling shot rides its a sit you sit in and it throws you in the air and the other ride is a tall ride with sits and it takes you upside down i will try to find some pictures of the rides and post them on here so yaw can see what rides on talking about it would be great if columbus could get an outdoor small fun park like this because i no the perfect location for it my location for the small outdoor fun park would be down that jr allen parkway highway near that hilton garden hotel that sits by itself on the left side if the highway that would be a perfect location for the small outdoor fun park because the way you would get to the small outdoor fun park would be for an example if you were driving from phenix city to go to the fun park you would cross the bridge over the river into georgia and then you would be on jr allen parkway highway and then you would come up on the ramp that goes to target you would go up that ramp and then at the traffic light you would take a left and the traffic light and then you will cross the bridge that goes over jr allen parkway highway below you and you would go to the small outdoor fun park that way

Archived