Downtown Home Tour 2008

jice

I don't remember this being mentioned yet.. so here ya go...

The Downtown Home Tour this year is April 19-20, 12-5pm

http://www.nashvilledowntown.com/live/home_tour.php

Definitely mark your calendars! Last year was a great time... for anyone who is interested in architecture, interior design, historic buildings, or just looking at other peoples homes, lol.

I believe they had approx. 20 or so buildings on the tour last year, along with a few that opened up but were not officially on the tour... last year it was only 1 day, total of 5 hours, and there were so many properties that I couldnt get to all of them! It also seemed to be a great success... a TON of people out.

This year is two days... so im pretty excited to see that! I will probably be touring the entire 10 hours, lol. It's definitely worth the money if you ask me!

Specific buildings will be announced the week of the tour... hopefully we get another nice weekend this year :thumbsup:

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't remember this being mentioned yet.. so here ya go...

The Downtown Home Tour this year is April 19-20, 12-5pm

http://www.nashvilledowntown.com/live/home_tour.php

Definitely mark your calendars! Last year was a great time... for anyone who is interested in architecture, interior design, historic buildings, or just looking at other peoples homes, lol.

I believe they had approx. 20 or so buildings on the tour last year, along with a few that opened up but were not officially on the tour... last year it was only 1 day, total of 5 hours, and there were so many properties that I couldnt get to all of them! It also seemed to be a great success... a TON of people out.

This year is two days... so im pretty excited to see that! I will probably be touring the entire 10 hours, lol. It's definitely worth the money if you ask me!

Specific buildings will be announced the week of the tour... hopefully we get another nice weekend this year :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

A few tidbits of info...

* Economic impact of the single-day 2007 downtown home tour: $16.8 million

* Downtown Nashville currently has about 3,200 residents

* By 2009, this population will be over 4,800

* 1,095 new units to be completed in 2008

* Almost 50% of those units are in the Gulch

* 30% are in SoBro

* 81 units in Rolling Mill Hill to be completed in '08

* 2008 Chairman of the Residential Development Committee: Tony Giarratana

I will post some pics of the tour when I get a chance...

Here we go... I have a ton of pictures, some better than others.. this is just a sampling of a few of the more interesting ones..

Cumberland Penthouses.. how would you like this TV room?

Cumberland02.jpg

District Lofts, rooftop patios

District02.jpg

Harrison Square

Harrison01.jpg

Private, shared open area for residents, between Art Ave Lofts and the Kress

ArtAveKress.jpg

Market Street Emporium penthouse..

The very old freight elevator that leads you to it..

MarketSt05.jpg

And the penthouse itself..

MarketSt02.jpg

The Courtney residence, on 2nd ave.. one of my favs

Courtney04.jpg

Yes, we are in Music City :)

Courtney01.jpg

Encore

Encore05.jpg

View of ICON & Terrazzo from Encore amenity deck

Encore01.jpg

The Quarters

TheQuarters09.jpg

TheQuarters10.jpg

Did there used to be an O'Charley's downtown? From the rooftop of the Quarters..

TheQuarters06.jpg

Nice urban, dense view from the Stahlman

Stahlman02.jpg

Phoenix Lofts.. almost complete and ready to sell.

Another of my favs.. these two brothers (?) have done some VERY high quality craftsmanship.

Phoenix06.jpg

Phoenix07.jpg

Phoenix14.jpg

First shot I have seen from the Kress. Were you able to go in any of those units? I would love to see some shots there.

As far as the O'Charley's goes, there was one on 2nd Ave maybe 10 years ago. I dont remember what is in that place now. I wish they were still there. I think it was a matter of a little too early as far as timing goes. They would probably do OK now.

First shot I have seen from the Kress. Were you able to go in any of those units? I would love to see some shots there.

As far as the O'Charley's goes, there was one on 2nd Ave maybe 10 years ago. I dont remember what is in that place now. I wish they were still there. I think it was a matter of a little too early as far as timing goes. They would probably do OK now.

Buffalo Billiards is now in that space. O'Charley's did really well for a while, but then decided not to renew the lease. Following O'C was another restaurant club which, if I remember correctly, had an island theme ala Margaritaville kind of thing. Maybe I was just seeing pink flamingos, but that rings a bell. The space is doing fine now.

Hope my memory is serving me correctly on this.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived