The Society Room Banquet Facility in the Former Joe Black's

jcrc

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well its a moronic poll. 80% of the eateries are in the burbs, so obviously those places are closer to homes. I prefer city resturants, and chose that option, but in reality I eat out in the burbs a little more often than I do downtown. Simply because I live in Manchester and my wife can not be convinced to move downtown.

Well its a moronic poll. 80% of the eateries are in the burbs, so obviously those places are closer to homes. I prefer city resturants, and chose that option, but in reality I eat out in the burbs a little more often than I do downtown. Simply because I live in Manchester and my wife can not be convinced to move downtown.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I wanted to make the comment that this location has been busier than before it closed.

It seems that there are events at the society room all the time. last night I went downtown and even though I get free parking, my garage closes at 9PM, so I had to go elsewere. I actually had a little trouble finding a parking place. It was absolutely packed downtown last night, and there was no good reason for it other than Hartfords night life. I asked the parking guy what was up and he said there was nothing going on.

good job Hartford.

The society room was packed though, so I want to throw out a big old kudos to the people who run it. beacause that brought 200 people downtown last night.

I wanted to make the comment that this location has been busier than before it closed.

It seems that there are events at the society room all the time. last night I went downtown and even though I get free parking, my garage closes at 9PM, so I had to go elsewere. I actually had a little trouble finding a parking place. It was absolutely packed downtown last night, and there was no good reason for it other than Hartfords night life. I asked the parking guy what was up and he said there was nothing going on.

good job Hartford.

The society room was packed though, so I want to throw out a big old kudos to the people who run it. beacause that brought 200 people downtown last night.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hartford Courant

Courant.com

CONNECTICUT PROPERTY LINE

A Good Match

Catering Business, Opportunity Met When Joe Black's Restaurant Closed

By ERIC GERSHON

December 30, 2008

Jim Bucko had never heard of Joe Black's, the restaurant and event space that briefly occupied the Pratt Street building in downtown Hartford once occupied by the Society for Savings Bank.

But when Joe Black's closed March 29 after $4.1 million in renovations and just two years in business, Bucko heard all about it

Hartford Courant

Courant.com

CONNECTICUT PROPERTY LINE

A Good Match

Catering Business, Opportunity Met When Joe Black's Restaurant Closed

By ERIC GERSHON

December 30, 2008

Jim Bucko had never heard of Joe Black's, the restaurant and event space that briefly occupied the Pratt Street building in downtown Hartford once occupied by the Society for Savings Bank.

But when Joe Black's closed March 29 after $4.1 million in renovations and just two years in business, Bucko heard all about it

Archived