Wikipedia

dan326

• 4 months later...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I checked the Baton Rouge page today and found that it had been edited. Somebody deleted the "History of Baton Rouge" article and added all that information back to tha main article, but not without mentions of how Baton Rouge is inferior to New Orleans. I took care of it though. :) For some reason the title "History of Baton Rouge" redirects back to "Baton Rouge" so I had to make a new article tilted "Baton Rouge History". Luckily I keep a copy of the Baton Rouge article as I last edited it in my user area just in case something like this happens.

It's great to have you Dan to be caretaker of the Wiki page! There's always some idiot out there that wants to put BR down. We don't need this kind of rivalry between the two cities. Each one has its own characteristics,greatness,and entities. I love Baton Rouge, I was born and raised here. I also love New Orleans, even though I have no ties to the city,it's still a great city. Whoever this person is that keeps doing this, I have no respect for them!

• 1 year later...

You got to be kidding me!!! Then again nothing much suprises me... <_< Maybe it's our city leaders...or possibly WAFB, WBRZ or 98.1 The Eagle; countless commercials with the old sckool skylines....nobody updates their skyline around here! They don't know any better!

I would love to meet the person that did this!

Seriously...how do we get in touch with the person responsible for putting back in the old 90's dinosaur downtown pic?? This person must really hate Baton Rouge unless he is just proud of his silly OLD aerial pic! I spoke with someone a few years back on this very same subject when another downtown pic was deleted for that same old...they said some crap about "quality of pic"? No way to justify this!! Why do other city's get nice recently updated pics while they stick us in the stone age?? What an insult! :angry:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How did that old pic go away?? Good deal!

Here's one maybe we can borrow this pic for now; better than nothing??... from the BR CVB... But it does not include the new Courthouse; barely shows new II City Plaza & Old State Cap...the photographer should have shifted the pic slightly to the right..there is some empty/dead space to the left of the State Capitol

brsky111109.jpg

:thumbsup: Thanks Dan! Appreciate you helping move Baton Rouge out of the dinosaur age....

Getting a more up-to-date pic with the new Courthouse completed will not be easy from the I-10 Bridge "off-ramp"... Being in the passenger seat (instead of while driving) taking the pic will be much easier :silly:

Archived