Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sonrise

A question about restaurant highway exit signs

7 posts in this topic

I've always been curious about this and I know that someone here will have the answer. You guys are so knowledgable and have taught me a lot. So here goes, y'know those signs on highway exits that tell which restaurants/hotels/gas stations are at said exit? Who decides which restaurants will be on the sign and how much do businesses pay and to whom? Thanks

I've always been curious about this and I know that someone here will have the answer. You guys are so knowledgable and have taught me a lot. So here goes, y'know those signs on highway exits that tell which restaurants/hotels/gas stations are at said exit? Who decides which restaurants will be on the sign and how much do businesses pay and to whom? Thanks

They definitely pay to be displayed. It's funny that on the Roper Mtn. Road exit there are two BP signs. Which is which?

I thought the regulations for the businesses were interesting. I like the idea of the restaurants having to maintain a Grade A rating. I wonder how closely they watch them. I think I will now be more likely to pick one of the places on the signs than to pick somewhere at random.