Thinking of buying in the West End need your opinions

reverand

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yoshino Cherry, Okame Cherry are good choices and they smell good. Crabapples too! although they don't get as big as the pears, at least not up north. They are pretty big here, i pass a bunch of them on my daily trip to the vet. I'd pick any of those over those pears, which are really bad trees--they split in half by the time they are in the ground 10 years--just drive down grove between Courtland and Almy. I also like the Eastern Redbud a lot. There are some plums that are very pretty but like many of the crabapples, are really kind of dwarfy.

One of you guys needs to live on the streets where you're asking for trees, for starters. If you meet that criteria then you can go to www.pnpp.org and download an application for fall planting. The deadline is June 1, 2007. There is a new Tree Lady now, and she's much nicer than I ever was. So if you have questions you can call her.

As an Armory resident and a WBNA supporter/member, I personally wish they would stick to neighborhood issues. Sure, it'd be nice to spend time weighing in on other city projects, but the resources and time are quite limited. And this neighborhood has more than its fair share of issues.

Archived