Trader Joe's (TJ's)

J0e

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank the good Lord, now all of the California transplants will stop whining and telling me about how it's a travesty we don't have one.

Now all I have to deal with is "How can you people deal with this shopping" and "There's nothing to do here; in CA I was ___ minutes from the beach and ___ minutes from the mountains."

The current law is archaic when one considers that most other states allow wine as well as beer in their groceries. Ditto for the Sunday liquor law but I've long ago learned to just roll my eyes at this sort of large-scaled simplistic thinking and prepare in advance.

Many people have wine with their meals. It's an inconvenience to have to dally over to the wine store when it would be perfectly fine in grocery stores. If one wants quality wine, the wine stores will still be there. I will still buy my wine at the same local shop but I definitely want my Two Buck Chuck when I venture over to Trader Joe's as well. The liquor lobbyist and moral police should quit their whining about wine. Tennessee has some of the strictest alcohol laws in country and, frankly, some of them are downright silly.

The current law is archaic when one considers that most other states allow wine as well as beer in their groceries. Ditto for the Sunday liquor law but I've long ago learned to just roll my eyes at this sort of large-scaled simplistic thinking and prepare in advance.

Many people have wine with their meals. It's an inconvenience to have to dally over to the wine store when it would be perfectly fine in grocery stores. If one wants quality wine, the wine stores will still be there. I will still buy my wine at the same local shop but I definitely want my Two Buck Chuck when I venture over to Trader Joe's as well. The liquor lobbyist and moral police should quit their whining about wine. Tennessee has some of the strictest alcohol laws in country and, frankly, some of them are downright silly.

Thank the good Lord, now all of the California transplants will stop whining and telling me about how it's a travesty we don't have one.

Now all I have to deal with is "How can you people deal with this shopping" and "There's nothing to do here; in CA I was ___ minutes from the beach and ___ minutes from the mountains."

Archived