Small Medical Firm Locating in Kalamazoo

tracer1138

Medical device firm Monteris Medical to add office in Kalamazoo

by Alex Nixon {sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}} Kalamazoo Gazette

Wednesday April 02, 2008, 8:17 AM

KA startup medical device company from Canada is moving to Kalamazoo, where it may manufacture a new instrument for treating brain tumors.

I especially like this part of the article

"Our requirements for a community with a strong life-science infrastructure, available talent pool, quality consultants, reasonable cost of living, proximity to other medical device companies and centralized geographical location made Kalamazoo one of the best locations," Duncan said.

The company also was lured by an investment by Southwest Michigan First's $50 million Life Sciences Fund, according to a press release from the Kalamazoo-based economic development agency.

Clearly moving in the right direction.

I would personally love to see some of these new facilities move into vacant space in the Pfizer Research Campus downtown. But certainly we'll take what we can get! I'm going to predict that they move to the Business Technology Research Park near the startups incubator on Park St.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived