Trader Joes coming to nashville

Nashville_maestro

looks like trader joes is finally making its way to nashvegas this fall. Its going to occupy the old wild oats building in green hills according to the tennessean. I'm really glad that they're coming though my favorite thing about the chain is the really good $5 wine you can get... But you won't be able to here because of the grocery/wine bill that seems to stay in perpetual limbo. Still, I'm very glad that they have finally set their eyes on nashville.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mixed news, though mostly good news - we're finally getting one of these!!! And it occupies a building that would otherwise sit vacant, so that's good. But it definitely sucks with our liquor laws that we can't get wine at grocery stores. Cost Plus World Market suffers from that here as well. One of the main reasons you go to Cost Plus is to make your own gift basket that most people, at least in other states, include with a bottle of wine.

^ I thought Cost Plus World Market operated their wine operation as a seperate unit? I don't think wine sales are legal in groceries in Kentucky either, but Cost Plus in Paducah operates their wine sales from a cordoned off seperate portion of their building with it's own seperate entrance/exit and sales counter. I assume our liqour law here prohibits this set up and that KY's law must be different from ours in this respect, perhaps allowing more local discretion? Not sure.

Rural King -

I know the Costco right there at Nashville West has a separate liquor store (in the same building, but walled off from the rest of the store) and Frugal McDougal's downtown has two separate stores, one for beer and the other liquor. So technically they could have done that with Cost Plus, but maybe they didn't have the space to buy around it. Seems like all of the units are sold out in the current phase of Nashville West.

Rural King -

I know the Costco right there at Nashville West has a separate liquor store (in the same building, but walled off from the rest of the store) and Frugal McDougal's downtown has two separate stores, one for beer and the other liquor. So technically they could have done that with Cost Plus, but maybe they didn't have the space to buy around it. Seems like all of the units are sold out in the current phase of Nashville West.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived