Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dimebag1980

Our new brand: "Louisiana's Other Side"

3 posts in this topic

So what do you guys think? Personally I think it's "okay," but it amazes me how much money cities spend on creating an "okay" motto/brand. There will be a whole new marketing campaign unveiled today which will be centered around this new brand. Hopefully it makes everything come together in a really good way, because I can already picture people saying things like "I don't want to visit Louisiana's back side." ;)

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.d...NGNEWS/80403007

I think it's pretty lame, and Shreveport deserves something better than that.

They might as well say something like "almost Texas" or "the first stop between Dallas and Florida".

Being a part of Louisiana isn't a bad thing....it's too bad that the cajun culture hasn't crept up past Avoyelles Parish. I really don't know what makes Shreveport different from places like Little Rock or Jackson because I don't spend much time there. There has to be something better than "Louisiana's other side".

I think it's pretty lame, and Shreveport deserves something better than that.

They might as well say something like "almost Texas" or "the first stop between Dallas and Florida".

Being a part of Louisiana isn't a bad thing....it's too bad that the cajun culture hasn't crept up past Avoyelles Parish. I really don't know what makes Shreveport different from places like Little Rock or Jackson because I don't spend much time there. There has to be something better than "Louisiana's other side".