Shaw Building as Baton Rouge's tallest

SUSAstudent

11UP-Front-04.jpg

..... okay so I tried to follow up on my theory that the Shaw Building would be nice as Baton Rouge's tallest, and I tried to stretch the building . . .but I dont think it turned out right at all .. lol anyway, how do yall feel about this? Do you believe the Shaw Building would look best as BR's tallest?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe we can ask our experienced "Stretch" expert Dan326?? :lol: He has already done an outstanding job stretching the State Capitol into becoming taller than the Empire State Bldg; also he has done that with the Marriott and new Courthouse.

No doubt a 500ft' Shaw Plaza would look great as BR's Tallest between Chase Towers and One American Place; even if was 2nd tallest at say 400-430'ft it would have been great! :shades: Esp. at night! It also would have been nice for the Marriott(BR's Tallest Hotel) to be somewhere near the RiverCenter.

The taller buildings scattered around the city make BR look bigger; but at the expense of downtown.

Here's an old pic I took of Shaw.

downtown064ns5.jpg

One of these surface parking lots along Fourth Street between Chase Towers and One American Place would be an ideal location for a Shaw HQ's landmark tower.

32608034cx2.jpg

Here's another older pic of Shaw Plaza looking north on Essen Lane with Shaw in the far background; you can barely see the 10-story United Plaza building behind it on the right and trees.

downtown068ms0.jpg

Maybe we can ask our experienced "Stretch" expert Dan326?? :lol: He has already done an outstanding job stretching the State Capitol into becoming taller than the Empire State Bldg; also he has done that with the Marriott and new Courthouse.

I like the Shaw Building....it's one of my favorite looking buildings in Baton Rouge. I wish the front and back were symetric, though.

It's fine where it is, but I'd like to see a similar looking building downtown with the tinted green spandrel glass across the front. I think CPII will have something like it.

The Shaw building lights up in LSU colors sometimes.

..Essen Lane would look much nicer with sidewalks and if they tore out some of those billboards.

Archived