Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DetroitMan

Buildings would go up north of Arborland Mall on Ann Arbor's east side

4 posts in this topic

Hmmm, I checked out the site on Google Earth and access to it seems to be somewhat limited. Also it seems kind of small for the amount of schtuff they want to put on it (not sure if Washtenaw Ave can handle more density).

Looking forward to a site plan.

Hmmm, I checked out the site on Google Earth and access to it seems to be somewhat limited. Also it seems kind of small for the amount of schtuff they want to put on it (not sure if Washtenaw Ave can handle more density).

Looking forward to a site plan.

Hm... I love the idea that this development would happen inside the I94-US23-M14 boundaries, but this is a logistical nightmare. The wetlands bordering the north of the property would prevent them from connecting to Huron River Drive, and I'm not sure how they'd extend Clark Rd over/under US-23. There is already a short boulevard and right-of-way to connect to Chalmers, but then Chalmers would be overwhelmed, and it's connection to Washtenaw is too close the Arborland traffic light to put another light.

Going through Arborland... uh... well maybe it would work if they re-engineered the entrance.

I'm afraid this is going to get started, and then deemed too costly or difficult and scrapped.