Fun West Michigan day trips/evening activities

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What sort of business are you in that you can take the interns out during the work week? (Are you hiring??)

Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp (near Muskegon) has a summer concert series. There's an evening freebie concert series in Whitehall or Montague (visiting a cottage, tried to round up some interest).

Blues on the Mall right here in town (Weds starting in June)

Several community bands have summer concerts in various local parks

Get 'em some bikes, take them on the trails. (You knew I would suggest that.)

HTH

What sort of business are you in that you can take the interns out during the work week? (Are you hiring??)

Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp (near Muskegon) has a summer concert series. There's an evening freebie concert series in Whitehall or Montague (visitng a cottage, tried to round up some interest).

Blues on the Mall right here in town (Weds starting in June)

Several community bands have summer concerts in various local parks

Get 'em some bikes, take them on the trails. (You knew I would suggest that.)

HTH

I have a couple of extra bicycles sitting in my garage that could be used for trail riding. I'm sure I could round up a few others as well. The ride out to Millenium Park on Kent Trails is awesome for many different reasons depending on the season.

Hello, I’m brainstorming fun activities for interns who will be at my work this summer. Some are West Michigan natives, and some are East siders, so I’m struggling to find things the West siders may not have tried that will also give the East siders a taste of West Michigan. FYI, they're all of legal drinking age.

We’re already going boating on inland lakes and the big lake, what else will be fun? I’m thinking a beach/bar/shopping day in Grand Haven or Saugatuck. Any good river tubing places in the area? What about more fun summer things? I'm looking for: 1) daytrip ideas, 2) weekday evening ideas (in the city), and 3) weekend day or evening ideas. I figured you all would have some good ideas. All ideas are welcome and appreciated, thank you in advance!

Thank you so much! I have one follow up question: Can you bring beer on the tubing trip? I've only been tubing in Tennessee, and you could on that trip. :) I'm not a raging alkie or anything, but if you get to take a day off from work, it's nice if you can have a beer while you tube!

These ideas are fantastic, I'm going to try many of these suggestions- by all means, please keep them coming! Anything I can't take them to do, I'll do on my own time. . .

Thank you so much! I have one follow up question: Can you bring beer on the tubing trip? I've only been tubing in Tennessee, and you could on that trip. :) I'm not a raging alkie or anything, but if you get to take a day off from work, it's nice if you can have a beer while you tube!

These ideas are fantastic, I'm going to try many of these suggestions- by all means, please keep them coming! Anything I can't take them to do, I'll do on my own time. . .

Archived