Proposed: 422 Broad Street NEWARK

The Voice of Reason

http://www.rebusinessonline.com/#northeastnews

422-Broad-St-Tucker.jpg

Tucker Development has signed a contract to purchase 3.5 acres at 422 Broad Street adjacent to the Broad Street rail station and an off-ramp of Interstate 280 in Newark.

$150 million development

400,000-square-feet the first new Class A office building in Newark in more than 15 years

200-room hotel

50,000 square feet of retail space on the first two floors

25,000 square foot health spa.

WOW. class A in Newark. I wonder how much longer we can still call it Sewark

With the development across the river in Harrison in progress this area is definately improving

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love to see new development come to Newark. The city is getting some great pieces into place. Prudential Center seems to be successful, NJPAC is a great asset. Units in 1180 Raymond are leased. But, I do hope that this proposal isn't slated for the Westinghouse site. By the description it's proposed for either that site or the site of the motel next to Riverfront Stadium. I hope for the latter. Thanks for the find, Voice of Reason! :thumbsup:

Archived