The Ragland Building

barakat

36,133 +- SF Office Located at 2nd Ave. S. and Korean Veterans Blvd. (Gateway)

The Ragland Building at 300 2nd Avenue South is currently being renovated as office and restaurant space to be completed by early 2009. Located in the heart of Nashville' s downtown SoBro (South of Broadway) District, the building will have ample parking and many Class A amenities, including automated HVAC controls, Proxy card access, and digital video monitoring. The building offers incredible views of the Riverfront, Schermerhorn Symphony Center, Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Rolling Mill Hill. Building Signage is available. This is a unique opportunity for an office user who needs a stimulating and creative work environment.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is. Mix Factory, Nashville Castle, etc. Funny all that crap was added to the exterior, now it's being stripped down. It'll finally look good again, in my opinion.

Nice tp see that building put back into service. Drawing looks great. Should make a good contribution to the continuing development of the SoBro neighborhood.

Google street view is amazing, I love how you can just go to google and view the property at hand.

The only thing I dont like about this project is the fact that it dont really address Korean Veterans Blvd. at all. I had always thought this building would be razed, but from the rendering this looks like it may turn out to be a quite nice adaptive reuse.

The building was constructed for a wholesale grocery distribution center in 1929, with deliveries coming in via rail in the alley between the 300 2nd building and 301-361 1st Ave S buildings as well as deliveries from the riverfront. The building is approximately 90,000 square feet. From 1959-1995 the buildings were used as outside storage with very little use. The northern half was renovated as office between 1995-2000 and is currently lease to XO Communications. The southern portion was renovated in 1995 for a 45,000 sf nightclub called the Music City Mix Factory. The Mix Factory closed in 1999. The building was later leased to other night club operators then became class C office until 2007 when interior demolition commenced for the current renovation. The images shown above are a bit dated. Plan to see more glass in elevations that will be released in the next few months. The balcony and awning on the southern facade has also been removed to allow for the installation of additional windows to provide more natural light to enter the first floor which is partially below grade.

I was going to ask to see what you had on this since this is part of your holdings in SOBRO. If you can get us a more recent rendering, that would be great as well. I am glad to see there will be more glass. That will add a lot to the building. Any word on occupants or is that something that you cannot disclose at this time.

Thanks for sharing what you can hayesmw.

I was going to ask to see what you had on this since this is part of your holdings in SOBRO. If you can get us a more recent rendering, that would be great as well. I am glad to see there will be more glass. That will add a lot to the building. Any word on occupants or is that something that you cannot disclose at this time.

Thanks for sharing what you can hayesmw.

I do not have a more recent rendering available at this time. We are still working through design and pricing. We've been looking at various options for this for over 2 years now. We've also considered demolition and building a new building in this building's place. Unfortunately the nightclub use did not lend much value to the building. Pretty much everything they installed will have to be scrapped. I would suspect we'll make a decision on what to do here in the next few months. The new building option looks pretty cool.

Archived