Dogs On Wheels for sale

Sonrise

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Obviously we don't know what kind of financial shape the business is in or we could analyze it, but ultimately, whether it makes sense or not, it comes down to net income. If the equipment is worth $25K of the $65K price, what net income would it require for somone to pay $40K for the business? Could someone enter the same business in the same location for less than $40K? Every dollar they could save would be profit.

If the business is only worth the price of the actual assets, then that is all it is worth. There are plenty of businesses out there that are worth less than cost of their assets.

In response to your post, linkerjpatrick, I think the question we must ask is: how brand loyal are customers to a hot dog vendor? Does Dogs on Wheels have loyal customers who seek him out, specifically because they have had his hot dogs and like them? Or do people buy a hot dog more as an impulse buy simply because the cart is convenient, and never really pay attention to who is running it? My guess is the latter.

Again, I hate that it did not work out for our friend Dogs on Wheels and hope that he gets a great price for his business. :)

In response to your post, linkerjpatrick, I think the question we must ask is: how brand loyal are customers to a hot dog vendor? Does Dogs on Wheels have loyal customers who seek him out, specifically because they have had his hot dogs and like them? Or do people buy a hot dog more as an impulse buy simply because the cart is convenient, and never really pay attention to who is running it? My guess is the latter.

Again, I hate that it did not work out for our friend Dogs on Wheels and hope that he gets a great price for his business. :)

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys,

Just to give everybody some info. The business is doing great. I had it up for sale because I own a house cleaning company too. I am expecting my fifth child, so I figured if I sold the business before it gets to my busy season than I can put some money in the cleaning company and maybe work less hours. Even though its not a stationary restaurant, it still demands a lot of hours. I am not complaining, I love it. I have many regulars, and have increased business by 40% by adding Sausage and Peppers.

This business has grown way better than the original expectations of it. I had a few bites on it but no one serious enough. Not the end of the world. I do really well with the carts. Besides my downtown cart , I was selling it with all the festival business, and the catering business. I have other carts I use for the catering and festivals.

Everyone is right. someone would be able to maybe start another cart downtown for cheaper, but Location, Location, Location!. The other cart I had on the West End was horrible. The key is Location, consistency, and personality. Not to mention, being the first cart in downtown has earned notoriety, and free media exposer that can not be bought. My cart has earned loyalty by most people downtown and that is something that you can not put a price tag on. As of now the business is not for sale anymore but I saw this post and just wanted to let you all know that I had it up for sale to maybe do something different and not because I was doing bad. I love being a part of Downtown, but sometimes the behind the scenes hours can be demanding and I was looking for a way to work less and make more.

Aren't we all!

Thanks for the support and come buy and tell me who you are on here and I'll give you a free dog!

Thank you for the update, Chris! Your service is a very valuable asset to this city and I sincerely hope you find a way to continue operating D.O.W. while earning more income. Thank you again for everything you have done to enhance our quality of life in Greenville! :thumbsup:

I'm glad to know you are staying with it, even though I can understand your reason behind wanting to sell it. My daughter and I will have to come by sometime soon. We wanted to a while ago, but it was the wrong time of day and we had to be somewhere. The next time we thought about it, I was wondering if you were still there. Now I know the answer, so we will be by soon.

Archived