• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

swampfox43

Clark Griffith Park aerial photo

3 posts in this topic

I came across this postcard tonight in my Charlotte collection and it brought back so many great memories I thought I'd share it with the group. I went to my last game there in 1984, the year before it burned to the ground. My grandmother use to live around the corner and I would walk over to the outfield fence and wait, hoping for a homerun ball. OK, back to reality now......

Also, a nice website on the ballpark can be found here

clarkgriffith.jpg

^thanks so much for that. Brings back a lot of memories though in those memories it was MUCH bigger! I suppose that is because i was much smaller :) . I wonder where my mini baseball helmets that came with ice cream went!! I wish minor league was closer -- we really had fun going to these games when i was little.

Man that takes me back.

I remember the steel poles that used to be right beside some of the seats and obstruct the view.

It DID seem a lot bigger! Then again, I was 10 years old. I almost choked to death on a piece of cheese pizza there one game.