Jump to content

Degree Transferability

Recommended Posts

Just looking to get advice from people inside the profession...

I am currently completing a BA in Geography with a certificate in Urban Study from a Canadian University. I am interested in completing a Master in Urban and Environmental Planning from Griffith University in Australia (a program recognized by the Australian Planning Association). I am interested in what people's experience in transferring international degrees back to their home country (in my case Canada) in getting work in the planning field and membership in planning associations (ex. CIP) has been like.

Has anyone has any bad experiences in doing this?

Will having an international degree negatively affect my getting of a job in Canada? Alberta, BC?

While I recognize there will be differences in policies and some language, I have been told that this is similar to going to a planning school in Ontario vs. BC or Alberta.

ALSO, I will be completing my BA earlier than anticipated...Is gaining experience prior to a master's degree more beneficial (eg. working from Dec. to April prior to going back to school) or gaining more long term experience (eg. 1 or 2 years prior to going back for a masters) better?

Hopefully some of you can give me some good feedback (hopefully better than the career advising department!!)

Thank You!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.