CCMC Moving 150 jobs out of Hartford

watching hartford

I saw a program on Hartford Public Access TV this morning that CT Children's Medical Center is moving at least 150 jobs out of Hartford to 60 Hartland Street in East Hartford. A spokesperson for CCMC was on and confirmed the move, but I haven't seen anything about this in the "regular" media. Does anyone know any more about this? The reporter on the program said the City of Hartford was caught off guard and knew nothing about it. Rather sad if that is the case.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess my question was how can the City of Hartford allow this to happen repeatedly without doing everything possible to keep jobs here. They seem to do all they can to attract the large blocks of jobs, but those are few and far between. The small businesses leaving, as well as the large numbers also, never seem to add up to a net gain even with new jobs coming in. Also the negative message this sends can't be ignored. Another well known Hartford business seeing the suburbs as more desirable than Hartford. With CCMC it can't be a tax issue , as it is with many other businesses leaving.

I guess my question was how can the City of Hartford allow this to happen repeatedly without doing everything possible to keep jobs here. They seem to do all they can to attract the large blocks of jobs, but those are few and far between. The small businesses leaving, as well as the large numbers also, never seem to add up to a net gain even with new jobs coming in. Also the negative message this sends can't be ignored. Another well known Hartford business seeing the suburbs as more desirable than Hartford. With CCMC it can't be a tax issue , as it is with many other businesses leaving.

Is East Hartford not a suburb of Hartford? Whether the jobs are 5 minutes away or out of state, they are no longer Hartford jobs. These moves not only affect CCMC, but all the other small businesses surrounding the hospital are affected also, the coffee shops, lunch places, dry cleaners, mechanics. These are potentially 150 fewer customers for small businesses that are most likely already struggling

Is East Hartford not a suburb of Hartford? Whether the jobs are 5 minutes away or out of state, they are no longer Hartford jobs. These moves not only affect CCMC, but all the other small businesses surrounding the hospital are affected also, the coffee shops, lunch places, dry cleaners, mechanics. These are potentially 150 fewer customers for small businesses that are most likely already struggling

Archived