Minor League Soccer?

I was poking around online and noticed that Panama City has landed a minor league soccer team called the Panama City Pirates. The play in the NPSL which is the 4th Division of soccer in the USA (After MLS, USL1 & USL2).

The operation costs for an NPSL franchise look to be between $15k-$20k. Is this something people think would work in Tally?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was poking around online and noticed that Panama City has landed a minor league soccer team called the Panama City Pirates. The play in the NPSL which is the 4th Division of soccer in the USA (After MLS, USL1 & USL2).

The operation costs for an NPSL franchise look to be between $15k-$20k. Is this something people think would work in Tally?

• 3 weeks later...
Please do tell where the varsity FSU Mens soccer team plays?

Oh yeah, they don't have a team......

Not trying to be rude, but I can't stand the fact that FSU does not have a mens varsity team!!!!!!! All due to title 9!

While I know little or nothing about organized soccer, Tally does seem to have a big soccer following, much more I'd say than over in PC.

Question: Will FSU ever get a Men's Soccer team? I understand Title 9 limits it, but can't they add another women's sport and then get men's soccer? If so what are the chances of that and how long do you think it will take if ever?

While I know little or nothing about organized soccer, Tally does seem to have a big soccer following, much more I'd say than over in PC.

Question: Will FSU ever get a Men's Soccer team? I understand Title 9 limits it, but can't they add another women's sport and then get men's soccer? If so what are the chances of that and how long do you think it will take if ever?

josefk I was making that ASSumption based on Bay County vs Leon County only. My ASSumption was purely speculative and based on the fact that Leon is bigger than Bay, has a much younger population (seems every time I turn around Bay is gettin' older...or is that just me gettin older? :) )and first-hand accounts of people I know in Bay that actually drive to Tally to play on some of our "United" teams. I was also ASSUming more in terms of the 20+ soccer players and not the kid's leagues which seem to be big everywhere. I'd ASSUme that P'cola in terms of adult soccer would be more like Leon than Bay.

Of course all those ASSumptions on my part and first-hand accounts from those in Bay could just purely be another fine example of the RRM! :lol:

josefk you make a great point about revenue and indoor men's basketball where you can sit and drink. I've never understood why our attendance wasn't a tad better.

Ah Lacrosse, I know someone that will be happy to hear that Belch! Don't we already have a club team? Is there a club team for Men's soccer?

josefk I was making that ASSumption based on Bay County vs Leon County only. My ASSumption was purely speculative and based on the fact that Leon is bigger than Bay, has a much younger population (seems every time I turn around Bay is gettin' older...or is that just me gettin older? :) )and first-hand accounts of people I know in Bay that actually drive to Tally to play on some of our "United" teams. I was also ASSUming more in terms of the 20+ soccer players and not the kid's leagues which seem to be big everywhere. I'd ASSUme that P'cola in terms of adult soccer would be more like Leon than Bay.

Of course all those ASSumptions on my part and first-hand accounts from those in Bay could just purely be another fine example of the RRM! :lol:

josefk you make a great point about revenue and indoor men's basketball where you can sit and drink. I've never understood why our attendance wasn't a tad better.

Ah Lacrosse, I know someone that will be happy to hear that Belch! Don't we already have a club team? Is there a club team for Men's soccer?

Archived