Live shows at the Photography Room

GRDadof3

I get invitations to live shows at the Photography Room on Ionia Ave, owned by photographer (and fellow UPer) Brian Kelly, and disappointingly we haven't been able to go to one yet. Has anyone been to one?

Here's info on the latest:

Come to The Photography Room TONIGHT for a great show with Ryan Montbleau Band from Boston and opener Karisa Wilson (our local Jammie winner for Best Album!). Check out Ryan’s music here…amazing!

Ryan Montbleau Myspace Page

Tickets are only $13 at the door....such a STEAL!

Doors open at 7 pm, Karisa starts at 8 pm!

There are food and drink specials just for you right next door at Bar Divani beginning at 4 pm...just tell them you're there to see Ryan Montbleau at The Photography Room and watch your bill magically get smaller!!!!

Come on, GR...come on out to see a great band…it’s going to be fantastic show!

Also, tune in this afternoon to WYCE 88.1 or listen online at www.wyce.org . Ryan Montbleau will be in studio to play a song or two and plug their gig at The Photography Room.

$13.00 is pretty decent to see two live shows in a cool setting like the Photography Room.

They've played host to Brian Vander Ark of Verve Pipe, Glen Phillips of Toad the Wet Sprocket, and Lux Land.

Here's Brian Kelly's blog

And the Photography Room's Myspace Page

And Karisa Wilson on YouTube (opening act tonight)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't had a chance to catch a show, but a colleague of mine attended Tuesday's show, and emailed my entire company to endorse future attendance! It's supposedly pretty good. Can't go to the upcoming one, but I'm definitely going to keep my ears open for future shows.

I went to the Glen Phillips (former Toad the Wet Sprocket frontman) show on Tuesday and it was fantastic. Brian and Kathleen put on a great evening. The idea is to create a "listening room", which is a basically a live concert in a small, non-bar/concert venue with people that are passionate for the music. So, no drinking, smoking, chatting, etc. You arrive on time, sit down, the artist comes on and puts on a very intimate show. I think the room holds 150. It was a great vibe Tuesday. I only paid $25 for the ticket, but would have paid $50 to sit 8 feet from Glen and hear him play and chat with us for nearly 2 hours!

I get invitations to live shows at the Photography Room on Ionia Ave, owned by photographer (and fellow UPer) Brian Kelly, and disappointingly we haven't been able to go to one yet. Has anyone been to one?

Here's info on the latest:

Come to The Photography Room TONIGHT for a great show with Ryan Montbleau Band from Boston and opener Karisa Wilson (our local Jammie winner for Best Album!). Check out Ryan

I went to the Glen Phillips (former Toad the Wet Sprocket frontman) show on Tuesday and it was fantastic. Brian and Kathleen put on a great evening. The idea is to create a "listening room", which is a basically a live concert in a small, non-bar/concert venue with people that are passionate for the music. So, no drinking, smoking, chatting, etc. You arrive on time, sit down, the artist comes on and puts on a very intimate show. I think the room holds 150. It was a great vibe Tuesday. I only paid $25 for the ticket, but would have paid $50 to sit 8 feet from Glen and hear him play and chat with us for nearly 2 hours!

• 4 weeks later...

Lux Land is performing at The Photography Room on Saturday, May 17 at 8 PM.

If you're unfamiliar with her music go to www.luxlandmusic.com

Tickets are a steal at just $12...they're available online via this link:

http://members.nimbit.com/artists/thephoto...hyroom05172008/

She's a great artist and for this show Lux will be accompanied by slide guitarist Dan Matheny. It's sure to be a rich musical experience.

Come one, come all!

:thumbsup:

• 6 months later...

Archived