Forbes Rankings of 50 largest

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Hehe as far as cities go, you mean outside of Honolulu, right? ;) cause the rest of the state doesnt have as large an Asian pop or percentage as Honolulu does. Honolulu's like the state's Asian, Pacific Islander, South American, etc Magnet while Maui and the Big Island are the states Hispanic/Latino Magnets especially for illegals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

St. Louis safer than Salt Lake City?

St. Louis:

http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/1/2004...6&datatype=Misc

Salt Lake City:

http://www.forbes.com/finance/lists/1/2004...3&datatype=Misc

St. Louis I have heard is a death trap in some parts, out of control Gang Warfare, but Forbes (again this is Forbes we are talking about) is doing TOTAL crime per capita, not ONLY violent crime etc. Take it up with them, I'm just sorting them for an easier read ;) Anyways you admitted SLC sucked in the describe your city post lol, kidding aside, I would be interested in hearing about why Forbes ranked you guys so low on that count, lots of auto thefts, or gun violations etc. I always thought SLC was pretty safe, not the safest but not violent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 1 month later...

Any list that has Knoxville at 9 for growth is surely inaccurate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i totally agree. knoxville is basically a college town. it always will be. the only sign of growth is the dismal (and i mean dismal) traffic construction there. i was just as suprised as you were to see it on the list.

I am more of a person that enjoys a urban lifestyle.  Therefore my list of best places to live will be different then someone that prefers the less urban cities like Charlotte and Nashville.  That why I've put together a top 5 cities list.

1) Washington DC/Baltimore

Great cultrural offerings and seems to be a city that offers opportunities for everyone.  Its a true equal opportunity city.  Also like the architecture and the cultural offerings.

2)New York City

The center of the universe.  The best and the worse of everything that life has to offer.

3)San Francisco Bay

Big city life with lots of recreational opportunity.  Although not a large African American Community, its still a viable place for people of all races to succeed.

4)Chicago

Chicago is just my kind of town.  24 hours a day 365 days a year.  The city is constantly on the move.  They still manage to keep a no attitude midwestern flavor.  And they have the best skyline.

5)Philadelphia

Although the city still has a bad reputation.  It still remains a big city with a lot to offer young people.  Excellent downtown.

Here is my ratings by category.

Most over rated.

Atlanta

Most under rated

St. Louis

Best Vacation city

Honolulu

Most backward

Memphis

Cleanest

Charlotte

Most sophisticated

San Francisco

Up and coming city to watch.

Dallas

Worse weather

Chicago

Best weather

San Diego

Let me know what yall think of my ratings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Can't say they are all that bad but I do have a few suggestions for some of them:

Most Underrated St. Louis? but St. Louis gets to be in every national ad with its Arch, Pittsburgh or Cincinnati I would cite as most underrated or possibly San Diego, I'm thinking the most "left out" when it comes to underrated.

Worst Weather Chicago? Maybe Buffalo Boston Minneapolis or the grand prize winner SEATTLE! Rain Rain go away lol.

Most Sophisticated, SF is a good choice but Chicago or NYC I think would win out.

Best Up & Comer is Dallas, maybe if it was 1970 . . . Orlando or Las Vegas are the little engines that can today in my estimation

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived