krystal restaurants

altrock311

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. It took years to get the Krystals back in Greenville, then Mr. Gas closes them down to convert to a donut shoppe? Dunkin can't come close to matching the quality of a Krispy Kreme. I predict he will close those stores within a year. Can you imagine how many donuts one would have to sell to make a profit? Besides, they seem to run out of donuts late in the day. I was told by one of their employees that they get one shipment a day. The donuts are not fresh and are dry. Please bring back the Krystals. I want my little burgers back.

I agree. It took years to get the Krystals back in Greenville, then Mr. Gas closes them down to convert to a donut shoppe? Dunkin can't come close to matching the quality of a Krispy Kreme. I predict he will close those stores within a year. Can you imagine how many donuts one would have to sell to make a profit? Besides, they seem to run out of donuts late in the day. I was told by one of their employees that they get one shipment a day. The donuts are not fresh and are dry. Please bring back the Krystals. I want my little burgers back.

Then they should change their name if that is the course they want to take. It's almost sad/funny how much of the DD web site is devoted to coffee.

They don't even have donuts listed in their featured products!

https://www.dunkindonuts.com/aboutus/products/

compared to Krispy Kreme

http://www.krispykreme.com/varieties.html

Of course KK sells coffee and milk but that's pretty much a given as a compliment to donuts but it's not the main feature.

According to the nutritional information on the Dunkin Donuts site (which sells itself foremost as a coffee seller), a glazed DD donut is 230 calories compared to 200 for the same thing from KK, and two grams less fat, per donut, than a Krispy Kreme donut. In other words, the nutritional value difference between the two is negligible. And a glazed DD has 2 grams more sugar than a KK donut.

When I think DD, I think pushy, hassled Yankee products. When I think Krispy Kreme, I think a Southern experience for the senses.

Krystal had closed up shop before Dunkin' came into the region (I know there were 2 Dunkin's in Greenville before, but this is a different operating group), so the perspective that Spinx got rid of Krystal and brought in Dunkin' isn't valid. Two totally separate transactions, from what I understand.

According to the nutritional information on the Dunkin Donuts site (which sells itself foremost as a coffee seller), a glazed DD donut is 230 calories compared to 200 for the same thing from KK, and two grams less fat, per donut, than a Krispy Kreme donut. In other words, the nutritional value difference between the two is negligible. And a glazed DD has 2 grams more sugar than a KK donut.

When I think DD, I think pushy, hassled Yankee products. When I think Krispy Kreme, I think a Southern experience for the senses.

Are you 100% certain about this? The reason I ask is that I had employees at Krystal in T.R. tell me point blank that they were all going to be closing soon and were going to be replaced by a Dunkin Doughnuts franchises. I thought they were pulling my leg at first, but then the looks on their faces told me they were serious...and sure enough, along came the closings and the signs. There certainly sounds as if there was some overlap there to me.

Either way, I did miss Krystal at first, but not so much now. Someone should open a restaurant selling sliders made from ground turkey. That'd be cool.

Archived