Northwest Arkansas Naturals

zman already asked, but I thought the Nats needed their own dedicated topic. Did anyone go to yesterday's game (Thur)? I didn't make it because I'm busy buying a house and packing and all. It sounds like San Antonio played a good game, but at least Kila Kaaihue stopped a shutout with a HR in the 9th! :)

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
zman already asked, but I thought the Nats needed their own dedicated topic. Did anyone go to yesterday's game (Thur)? I didn't make it because I'm busy buying a house and packing and all. It sounds like San Antonio played a good game, but at least Kila Kaaihue stopped a shutout with a HR in the 9th! :)

Yeah big win for the Naturals. The win also puts them back to being tied for the top of the North division. I've noticed the Texas League website has started listing the Naturals as Springdale. I guess they considered Northwest Arkansas too long.

Good idea for a dedicated topic for the Naturals. Sounds like they had a great second night at Arvest Park, won 11-4 with a grand slam with a huge crowd. I can't wait to catch a game myself. This summer will be great out at the "ole ballpark".

Congrats on the house buy!

North

Northwest Arkansas Naturals 3- 6

Tulsa Drillers 3 -6

Arkansas Travelers 1 -7

Springfield Cardinals 1- 8

South

Midland Rockhounds 8 -1

Frisco RoughRiders 7- 1

Corpus Christi Hooks 7 -2

San Antonio Missions 5- 4

There are the teams and records so far this year.

The games on broadcast on KURM-AM 790.

I would have thought the Oklahoma City Redhawks would have been in the Texas League but they are actually in the Pacific Coast League American South.

North

Northwest Arkansas Naturals 3- 6

Tulsa Drillers 3 -6

Arkansas Travelers 1 -7

Springfield Cardinals 1- 8

South

Midland Rockhounds 8 -1

Frisco RoughRiders 7- 1

Corpus Christi Hooks 7 -2

San Antonio Missions 5- 4

There are the teams and records so far this year.

The games on broadcast on KURM-AM 790.

I would have thought the Oklahoma City Redhawks would have been in the Texas League but they are actually in the Pacific Coast League American South.

• 3 months later...

I've been to a couple of Naturals' games now and had a great time both times. The facilities are outstanding and very fan friendly. The Natural's organization staff has to be commended for the effort they put forth in making every game an enjoyable experience. The structure of the stadiuim with it's curve around the field itself adds a lot to the atmosphere. The constant in between inning action adds a lot to the enjoyment of a night out at the ballpark. There is always something going on.

While the team may not have the type of support that the UA does at Baum Stadium the Razorbacks could learn a lot about keeping the fans happy by looking at what the Naturals are doing at Arvest Park. The stadium itself is nicer and more fan friendly than Baum Stadium. Being able to walk around the entire field with all it's fan seating and eating areas is a huge plus. Arvest's score board has a huge hi-def video screen and a pitch speed display that is so cool. Bringing the Naturals to NWA was a great idea and hopefully they will be here for many years to come.

I've been to a couple of Naturals' games now and had a great time both times. The facilities are outstanding and very fan friendly. The Natural's organization staff has to be commended for the effort they put forth in making every game an enjoyable experience. The structure of the stadium with it's curve around the field itself adds a lot to the atmosphere. The constant in between inning action adds a lot to the enjoyment of a night out at the ballpark. There is always something going on.

While the team may not have the type of support that the UA does at Baum Stadium the Razorbacks could learn a lot about keeping the fans happy by looking at what the Naturals are doing at Arvest Park. The stadium itself is nicer and more fan friendly than Baum Stadium. Being able to walk around the entire field with all it's fan seating and eating areas is a huge plus. Arvest's score board has a huge hi-def video screen and a pitch speed display that is so cool. Bringing the Naturals to NWA was a great idea and hopefully they will be here for many years to come.

Archived