Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bikeguy

Presbyterian Hospital's Retirement Community in SouthPark

4 posts in this topic

The Business Journal is reporting that Presbyterian Hospital will buildng a 16 story tower as part of a larger retirement community on 2 acres "across the street from SouthPark". Just where are 2 acres of undisclosed/available land...?

http://charlotte.bizjournals.com/charlotte...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

...and just how will they integrate a livable/walkable environment into the traffic cluster *%# that chokes that area every day?

The most logical location would be on Sharon Road backing up to Coltsgate Road. Beside the church that's on Sharon there's a small tract of land that holds a real estate office currently, but opens up behind that all the way to Coltsgate.

That'd be my guess.

There are plenty of tracts of private land in that area that could fit that description. It cwas probably a private sale that Presby kept hush-hush cause the neighborhoods would throw a fit. A 16-story, 203 condo building (and then add on phase 2 in a few years) is going to be huge in this area but I don't think it will cause the traffic nightmare you are thinking of. Most retirement homes/assisted living facilities only add a few cars to the road.

There are plenty of tracts of private land in that area that could fit that description. It cwas probably a private sale that Presby kept hush-hush cause the neighborhoods would throw a fit. A 16-story, 203 condo building (and then add on phase 2 in a few years) is going to be huge in this area but I don't think it will cause the traffic nightmare you are thinking of. Most retirement homes/assisted living facilities only add a few cars to the road.