Rumors, Rumors, Rumors II

brgrowth

Here is part II of rumors. This is not fact just stuff I heard from people that I have connections with in high places. But its just rumors (so as far as we know)

On Bluebonnet Rd: A Grand Hyatt will be built

The Mall of Louisiana: Arden B. store, a Louis Vuitton store and Diesel clothing store

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Grand Hyatt is a huge name that only world cities can pull off. My general rule in hotels is if New Orleans doesn't have one, we probably won't get one either. I could see a regular Hyatt being built in the Swaggart dorm or in Perkins Rowe or maybe even in the Grove. But if we did happen to get a Grand Haytt, our city would in a way be catipulted into the eilte ranks.

The other store opennings are believable.

Can't see the Grand Hyatt coming to BR. I know we are growing and trying to do big things, but that seems to be to big for BR at this time. They only have 11 Grand Hyatt's in the US and cities like Chicago, Houston, Philadelphia, Phoenix and Los Angeles don't have one. Just a wild guess, but I'd like to think that if they were to open a new hotel, one of those cities would get one long before lil' Red Stick.

I could see an Arden B. store going to Baton Rouge; however, Louis Vuitton and Diesel I highly doubt because they are extremely upscale stores. Since y'all just are getting Coach now, LV (significantly more expensive) would probably take a while. Diesel I could see maybe some local boutiques carrying, but I don't think the demographics would support a full Diesel store yet. I'm still hoping for the day when I'll see a Nordstrom, though. (Hopefully to replace Parisian in Perkins Rowe)

An idea dawned on me. They are renovating the empty tenant of the Esplanade Mall and there was a rumor of a Dave and Buster's coming to town. The spot seems big enough and the location like those in other cities, so cross your fingers.The smallest city with one is Omaha and we're almost as big as them metro wise. And maybe they could put the W aloft on top. :D

Archived