Innovista

Spartan

• 3 weeks later...

Here is another article discussing 3 new feul cell companies at innovista. The companies names are Palmetto Feul Cell Analysis & Design, Palmetto Feul Cell Technologies, & DEnergy, and will be researching the feul cell areas of Stationary power, portable power, and automotive power. "Stationary power" provides electricity to homes and buildings, ""portable power" emergency generators, & laptops, & automotive to replace the internal combustion engine. Dispelling the popular notion that fuel cells can only be used for cars.

Article

so what will be going in that spot? how big will the building be?

The State says another school of publid health building will take its place. I would think it will be about the same height and size as the one they're building at Assembly and College. Also they will be building one at Park and College. That will be the school of public health block.

EngenuitySC is getting a $1 million grant to help create the National Institute of Hydrogen Fuel Cell Commercialization. Over the next six months, Engenuity will concentrate on helping create a regional organization that will help make Columbia a fuel cell city.

The money will probably be appropriated for infrastructure. That will be key in making sure that SC reaps the economic benefits of fuel cell technology.

Edited by krazeeboi

More demolition news... They had started tearing down the Carolina Plaza when I drove by there on Thursday. :) I don't know when they'll demo the whole structure, but they were breaking down bits and pieces by late last week.

I don't know about you guys, but I hate that we are losing a highrise and it isn't being replaced with another highrise. :(

Innovista live webcam

Wow. That's gone up pretty fast. It hasn't been THAT long since I last looked at the live cam, and the building was still a shell!

This brief article helps to vaguely answer questions about Carolina Plaza. It states that "USC is making way for a new public health building to be built at an undetermined date." How's that for an answer?! :D

Carolina Plaza

I don't know about you guys, but I hate that we are losing a highrise and it isn't being replaced with another highrise. :(

My thoughts are that I would welcome a high-rise there, but that building is not on a prominent place on the skyline and it is as ugly as sin. I have looked down Assembly and imagined a second building the same height as the new one at that corner, and it would provide more urban fabric than the one they're bombing because it will be set up to the corner. It will add to the city's classical design at in that corridor and at that corner.

I feel the same way. Even though the building might not be the prettiest building it does alot for our skyline. I feel something atleast close in height should replace the previous building.

• 3 weeks later...