Innovista

Spartan

Wow. You guys are a riot. :)

I keep hearing the same thing. I can't imagine who it could be. I don't know if it's the same thing, but I've heard there could be an Innovista related announcement in the next several months that would likely be the biggest development news of the year for the region. And with all that's going on around here... that's big. Curious...

Edited by emerging.me

Craig Davis Properties, the development firm for Innovista, also served as the development firm for NC State's Centennial Campus in Raleigh. Here are some pictures of the campus (courtesy of forumer Orulz) so I guess Columbia can expect something similar (sans the brick facade):

centennial01.jpg

centennial02.jpg

These pictures and the rendering I posted earlier aren't too different.

Wow... this is hilarious. I was just sent a copy of this email which came across USC's internal announcement mailing list. What a trip:

Blow it up with the Plaza.

The historic Carolina Plaza is being imploded on February 5, 2006 to make way for the new Arnold School of Public Health and USC's Innovista. Do you have a photo of an ex spouse, the one who "done you wrong," a dear John letter, or other documents you would like to have blown to bits with the Plaza? If so, please send them by February 2, 2006, to Lucy Hollingsworth, Arnold School of Public Health, 800 Sumter Street, Columbia, SC 29208, along with a check made out to the USC Educational Foundation for $20.00. Sorry, for safety reasons the items must be paper only.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would let everyone know... the sidewalk on the horizon block of the innovista is now officially closed. The old billboard that was there - gone. Its already been stated, but the construction headquarters are there... construction should begin soon, hopefully.

I saw that. I also noticed the notice signs. They say the sidewalk will be closed from February 2006 until February 2007. This is extremely exciting. City Council meetings and meetings going on all the time in Columbia are intently focused on the knowledge economy. The energy is unreal and no one is naysaying. Everyone is on the same page.