Innovista

Spartan

• 2 weeks later...

Digital, maybe you were more familiar with the building under the previuos owners :lol:

I make sure I bring that up to my wife every time we go there.

No, I just had a momentary lapse . . that's what happens when you get old :P . . . I go there a lot to eat, so shoulda known.

I do remember it being a bar many years ago that didn't last very long (the kind you tease your wife about). That was not the first tennant for the building though. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was originally a Pizza Inn. Does anyone remember what Millennium was originally?

I don't know if this pertains to Innovista, but I'm sure it's a USC project. There is some construction happening on Sumer St, behind the 300 Main engineering building and next to the machine shop. Any one have a clue??

That area is where the USC school of dance is supposed to be relocating to. There were some issues with the soil or something like that that had to be worked out. There also might have been some delay because of the budget, but that general area is where it is going.

That area is where the USC school of dance is supposed to be relocating to. There were some issues with the soil or something like that that had to be worked out. There also might have been some delay because of the budget, but that general area is where it is going.

1ce5l984.jpg

I am not sure if that is the school of dance but I do know for a fact the new band hall (to replace the buildings on main)will either be or will also be located at the same location. The building next to the band hall called UTS Annex will relocate offices into the new Horizon center (insider information), from the power plant to wheat street will be leveled, unknown what will take its place, the Sumter street parking deck UTS main and the corner power plant will remain.

xmxv79rt.jpg

Edited by Firefox

Since the building will be the gateway to Innovista from the north, and since it likely will house the offices of advancement and market media or whatever the article says, I think the location is appropriate and should look good. And as far as the alumni aspect of it is concerned, the higher profile should help immensely with USC's fundraising efforts.

Given its proximity to the convention center, the Hilton will pretty much be a self-sustaining hotel. The Hampton Inn already had one of the highest occupancy rates in the chain even before the convention center was built. I think in a few years, another hotel within close proximity to the convention center would be feasible.