Innovista

Spartan

According to the press release on Innovista's website:

Loccioni Group provides engineering services in measurement and testing for measurement systems, quality control, automation, ICT and service. Areas benefitting from these specialized services include automotive, household appliances, environment, energy-saving, agriculture and food, health, manufacturing and public administration.

I see a correlation here, just more on the applications side of things instead of the research side. I see this as a good thing, since what these guys specialize in touches on other research-related aspects of Innovista besides hydrogen technology.

• 4 weeks later...

His retirement is a very positive story. He and his wife will remain in Columbia and he will remain with the University in some capacity. The reason he is retiring is because the school is about to begin a major fund-raising campaign that Dr. Sorensen said will last about 7 years, and he feels the baton should be passed next year. He has been nothing short of outstanding, and just now on the news a spokesperson said someone had asked him to say in his speech that Sorensen has been a great leader for the state, not just for USC. I'm sure the next president will be very energetic, someone who can continue taking USC to the next level.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed how the color of the top cornice of this building in the Innovista doesn't fit anything else in the area. All the surrounding buildings are trimmed in white or brown. If you drive down Assembly from Blossom, look left and you will notice a complex of the Koger center, the School of Music and the new Health building, with this building in the biomedical block behind the Koger. Why can't architects and designers be more sensitive to the color of the surrounding buildings?

IMG_5277.jpg

Has anyone noticed how the color of the top cornice of this building in the Innovista doesn't fit anything else in the area. All the surrounding buildings are trimmed in white or brown. If you drive down Assembly from Blossom, look left and you will notice a complex of the Koger center, the School of Music and the new Health building, with this building in the biomedical block behind the Koger. Why can't architects and designers be more sensitive to the color of the surrounding buildings?

IMG_5277.jpg

I find myself focusing too much on a detail here or there when something is new. I have looked at what you're talking about and the thing is I can't figure out if that material is the final material for that part of the building.

I just wish they weren't using such dull colors for the exterior here. As much as we tend to decry the red Vista brick, I wouldn't mind some of it being incorporated into the architecture of the Innovista buildings. For instance, take this research building in Piedmont Triad Research Park in Winston-Salem (the nation's first urban research park). The basic form is about identical to the Innovista research buildings, but the red brick makes it a bit more aesthetically pleasing IMO:

27-2.jpg

I'm sure if this has be discussed before, and I'm not sure if this is the correct topic for it, but I just came across a redering of Assembly Station on Holder Properties' Website. I can't post it here because it's a flash website, but it looked pretty cool. Check it out a holderproperties.com, click on projects and the SC.