Innovista

Spartan

Here's an interesting article in the Charlotte Observer about a potential use of fuel cells. Good to see SC, and USC in particular, mentioned as a focus area for hydrogen research.

That's great news!! especially cola/usc known as a major player in this industry.Seems as though everyone is trying to put their hand in this cookie jar. If columbia can only excute this vision we wil see s.c.'s first major city.

That's great news!! especially cola/usc known as a major player in this industry.Seems as though everyone is trying to put their hand in this cookie jar. If columbia can only excute this vision we wil see s.c.'s first major city.

It's coming.

Here's some concept art of the new USC law school. One of these has been seen before, but this should be a much larger version than appeared in The State.

Also... I noticed there is not really an all-inclusive USC thread... since we have two Innovista threads... maybe this one could be modified to include USC developments outside of Innovista or something like that. Just a suggestion.

post-615-1153546749_thumb.jpg

post-615-1153546784_thumb.jpg

Edited by emerging.me

Millennium Cell of Eatontown, N.J., has joined the National Science Foundation Industry/University Cooperative Research Center for Fuel Cells. Millennium officials have been impressed by the fuel cell initiatives in the region. USC's Center for Fuel Cell Research is impressive, David Ramm, chief executive officer and chairman of Millennium, said. "USC is the only university with one, and it will be a benchmark."

Millennium develops hydrogen batteries that safely store and deliver hydrogen energy to power portable devices. "I have seen no other state with the breadth and depth of partners and the cooperation among them that you have," said Rex Luzader, vice president for government relations. "This is what excites us."

One possibility for a Millennium presence in Columbia might be a joint research and development center with Gecko Energy Technologies for development of a portable fuel cell system.

This is AWESOME news, and coupled with Columbia landing the National Hydrogen Association's 2009 annual meeting, makes a huge statement. :thumbsup:

Edited by krazeeboi

Millennium Cell of Eatontown, N.J., has joined the National Science Foundation Industry/University Cooperative Research Center for Fuel Cells. Millennium officials have been impressed by the fuel cell initiatives in the region. USC's Center for Fuel Cell Research is impressive, David Ramm, chief executive officer and chairman of Millennium, said. "USC is the only university with one, and it will be a benchmark."

Millennium develops hydrogen batteries that safely store and deliver hydrogen energy to power portable devices. "I have seen no other state with the breadth and depth of partners and the cooperation among them that you have," said Rex Luzader, vice president for government relations. "This is what excites us."

One possibility for a Millennium presence in Columbia might be a joint research and development center with Gecko Energy Technologies for development of a portable fuel cell system.

This is AWESOME news, and coupled with Columbia landing the National Hydrogen Association's 2009 annual meeting, makes a huge statement. :thumbsup:

And by 2009 Innovista and Columbia should definitely look the part.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm assuming you're referring to the Horizon Block at the corner of Main and Blossom?

Well, there are 2 cranes at the Hilton Hotel site...one for the garage and one for the hotel. And a few cranes near Willliams Brice Stadium for the condos. Maybe one at Adesso also...not sure. And like you said, the Horizon block also. I think those are the one's he's talking about.

Edited by BryCola

Well, there are 2 cranes at the Hilton Hotel site...one for the garage and one for the hotel. And a few cranes near Willliams Brice Stadium for the condos. Maybe one at Adesso also...not sure. And like you said, the Horizon block also. I think those are the one's he's talking about.

A crane and a new sign arrived at the Adesso project this week. The Biomedical and Horizon blocks should join the crane craze within the next month or so.

I was just thinking. With all of the housing options that Innovista will have, wouldn't it be neat for them to offer some kind of incentive or discount rate for USC grads. The housing that has been going up around the USC area (ie. condos near Williams Brice) are well beyond the price range of a recent graduate like myself.

Offering incentives would be a great way to keep young, smart professionals in Columbia and in the city proper.

I was just thinking. With all of the housing options that Innovista will have, wouldn't it be neat for them to offer some kind of incentive or discount rate for USC grads. The housing that has been going up around the USC area (ie. condos near Williams Brice) are well beyond the price range of a recent graduate like myself.

Offering incentives would be a great way to keep young, smart professionals in Columbia and in the city proper.

They're beyond the reach of some of us not-so-recent grads, too!