The "G" Thread

gs3

Greenville is certainly proud of the city "G" branding logo and it is showing up everywhere.....in color or monochromatic, in plastic, metal, wood, etc. I started this thread because I'm curious how many places we can actually find the "G" logo. Please post any photos of the "G"logo that you may snap over time. I plan to continually add to this thread and I bet in a few months, we'll all be shocked just how extensively this branding logo is used.

My first photo. Greenville is even proud of it's trash. :P

DSC04410.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is one I posted in the Photo of the day thread.

This is the Greenville "G" logo planted in flowers (pansies and parsley). The bed is located in the middle of the traffic circle at Howe St. behind county square. You can't see what the design is from ground level and the best place to view it would be from the air or the top of University St. The bed was planted by the Falls Park crew back in November. This was taken with my phone, I do have one on my digital camera I will upload soon.

2688795140096578563S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks guys. Had a friend and his wife in town this weekend. First time in Greenville. Needles to say they were "blown away" (but that is a different thread). He is in the corporate branding industry and really liked the Greenville "g". He and his wife picked up on it quickly....picked up on the whole river tail of the g, etc. Had some discussion about it and that made me think about all the places the "g" is located.

This should be interesting to see all the places the "g" shows up. :)

I must add my voice to the 'great idea for a thread' chorus. This is something I have noticed myself, but never thought of doing as a thread.

I wish there was a tag line to go with the logo, but I still love the logo and the fact that it is everywhere. It is simple to produce, easy to understand, references our greatest assets, is colorful, unique, and while it could be 'stolen' by other cities, it couldn't be used by many. [Maybe it should be copywrited?]

Also, it hasn't escaped my perception that much of what the city does in a policy perspective is also tied to the logo. The new trails, the enviro-friendly bus system, neighborhood revitialization, streetscaping, all dovetail to the environment that the logo depicts.

Again, great idea.

Also, it hasn't escaped my perception that much of what the city does in a policy perspective is also tied to the logo. The new trails, the enviro-friendly bus system, neighborhood revitialization, streetscaping, all dovetail to the environment that the logo depicts.

• 7 months later...

Archived