New Worlds Tallest Building located in Dubai

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at all the buildings under construction in the world on SSP and I saw how many were under construction or proposed in Dubai that I had to crise over here and see the actual ctiy. The city looks like it will be impressive once everything is built. My only question is...is there that much demand for office and residential space? If so then Dubai has been flying under the radar.

It is hard for us Americans to realize we are not the best at everything so I think that is the reason for all of the negative post. I think we will never build that big here again becuase secrurity and econmics. It was a nice run at the top but these other regions are pulling away when it comes to building and design. Once there economies reach the point where ours is then I will expect a slow down. The cost of building materials, labor, transportation and taxes fees and environmental studies have taken its toll on this counrty. We have some of the toughest labor laws and that is why we have lost out on some of our manufacturing base. However the shift has started and a countries economy must evolve with its culture, sophistication and politics.

So I wish UAE the best and I am your newest fan.

Hey, Welcome NcSc74, thanks for your great comments on the UAE.

To answer your question, yes, the demand for Residential, Hotel, and Office Space in Dubai is extremly high. In fact, most large developments are sold out before a shovel is dug on the construction site. It's been a underrated city for a while, but I think it's time as a world superpower is coming.

Irregardless of your nation of origin, it's hard to visualize a city such as Dubai. Not even early 20th century New York City or Chicago or present-day Hong Kong can come remotely close to where Dubai is. It's on a wholly new level of growth and explosive development. In single projects they are managing to throw up towers equivalent in square footage to the entire downtown square footage of the city of Baltimore, for an example. That's... beyond compare.

In 20 years, people will have replaced the traditional notions of "the world's great skyscraper cities" such as New York, Chicago, Shanghai, and Hong Kong with one supreme one: Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

It's mixed use. Some 30 floors or so will be an Armani hotel, there are something like 1000 apartments that have all been sold although you can still find a good few on the resale market. Also there will be an office portion. Don't know if they've found tenants for this (or if they're even for sale yet).

It's mixed use. Some 30 floors or so will be an Armani hotel, there are something like 1000 apartments that have all been sold although you can still find a good few on the resale market. Also there will be an office portion. Don't know if they've found tenants for this (or if they're even for sale yet).

I've heard about the Armani Hotel, infact Armani himself toured the construction site not too long ago. It seems like I recall hearing that he was going to put a second hotel in the tower as well.

What is the level of western hemisphere interest in Dubai? It seems as though at least a few of the new projects include American investment. Do you think many American companies would like to locate in the new World's tallest tower? :)

Its mostly European and Arab interests that are coming into Dubai, yet there are plenty of Australian, American, and Asian investments coming along as well. I would assume that some American Companies are probably going to take interest in the tower, but the developers have been real keen on giving out client info.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about the skyscraper development in Dubai. It may be a stupid question, but how solid is the ground that these skyscrapers are being built on? I mean how far down does the sand go and with a skyscraper that's almost half a mile high isn't there a concern that the shear weight of it could shift the ground underneath?

If u guys wanna check out some of the latest pictures and read about the latest developments about this behemoth (an incredibly beautiful one, nevertheless), visit http://burjdubaiskyscraper.com/. It gets updated almost daily. Here are some pics of the construction as of Jan '06...once again, courtesy of burjdubaiskyscraper.com:

404.jpg

k4dzma.jpg

jsd27s.jpg

Yea it seems that construction is going very smoothly indeed. It'll be interesting to see whether Emaar Properties will announce the final floor count before completion or whether they will keep investors and others speculating until the last minute...and then of course, theres Al Burj, which by all accounts seems to wanna upstage the grandeur and magnitude of Burj Dubai. I heard that the appartement spots that were up for sale in Burj Dubai were sold within 8 hours of opening the floor for bids...can anyone substantiate this?