Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackcoat

New Orleans is getting an Apple Store

7 posts in this topic

Well, Metairie is getting an Apple Store. Apple is hiring for several positions at Lakeside Mall, and the openings listed on jobs.apple.com confirm that these Craigslist posts are not hoaxes.

I have been wanting to see a flagship Apple Store at the corner of Canal and Bourbon for years. Looks like I have to wait a little longer. Even so, this is a good moment for the metro area as a whole.

Man i definitely wish that Downtown New Orleans could have landed the Apple Store or even that renovated Mid-City shopping center. But, I cant hate on Lakeside's game.

Well, Metairie is getting an Apple Store. Apple is hiring for several positions at Lakeside Mall, and the openings listed on jobs.apple.com confirm that these Craigslist posts are not hoaxes.

I have been wanting to see a flagship Apple Store at the corner of Canal and Bourbon for years. Looks like I have to wait a little longer. Even so, this is a good moment for the metro area as a whole.

A regular sized one is about the size of 3-4 Radio Shacks.

I can't wait to see the one downtown....but that's cool they are doing one in Metarie, too.

I am wondering how big a regular (not flagship) Apple store is? I've seen the big ones on the news before, but I don't know how big a regular-sized one is, though I'm guessing it's about the size of a Radio Shak?

Just for clarification, Apple has not signaled that it will be opening a store in downtown New Orleans, though I desire to see one in that location. In other words, it's just a fantasy at the moment.

On the other hand, the Metairie location in Lakeside Mall is moving forward. I do not know the scheduled opening date, though they are hiring for this location already, so it's probably not too far off.

Citybusiness has a short article about the Apple store coming to Lakeside mall. It will be in the former Discovery store, whereever that was.

No date on completion was listed, but they applied for a building permit on June 23.