Bob Johnson Says Charlotte is not doing enough to support his Team

monsoon

• 1 year later...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnson puts together a lousy team, year after year, yet it's the city who isn't doing enough to support him? Winning cures everything. Open your wallet and players will come. Crappy drafts, second rate talent, and little creativity in promotions and you have the Charlotte Bobcats. There isn't a day that I wish we had the Hurricanes instead of the CrapCats. It all started with the worst name ever.

Well, regardless of your opinion on Bob and what's done as an owner (I don't think very highly of most of his moves either), I'm optimistic that the new ownership group will do a better job with the organization. Whether its the Richardson brothers (which I doubt) or someone else like Postolos' group they more than likely will have the smarts to run a franchise and better establish them here.

Johnson puts together a lousy team, year after year, yet it's the city who isn't doing enough to support him? Winning cures everything. Open your wallet and players will come. Crappy drafts, second rate talent, and little creativity in promotions and you have the Charlotte Bobcats. There isn't a day that I wish we had the Hurricanes instead of the CrapCats. It all started with the worst name ever.

• 2 weeks later...
Don't put all the blame on Johnson for the lousy team. He may be writing the checks, but it was Bickestaff first and Jordan next in recent years who did the drafting and puting pieces together. Good thing MJ hired Larry Brown, now maybe the team will make a serious run for the playoffs.

As far as Johnson's complaint about the city not supporting "his" team, I put the blame squarely on him and the NBA. Blame on Johnson because he's an owner seen as an outsider (which he is) who had everything handed to him. And David Stern and the NBA for granting a franchise to Johnson in the first place. Sure wish Larry Bird and ML Carr would have been awarded the franchise instead.

It's Johnson's fault we weren't willing to spend to get Iverson. He would have added 8-10 wins in my opinion. Instead we have remained neutral at best during the offseason, possibly regressed with the Okafor-Chandler trade. I agree Okafor had limited upside, but he is a better player than Chandler. Chandler and Iverson would have been a decent complement, better than Okafor and Iverson, but now I just don't see how we've progressed, and I blame that squarely on Bob Johnson as he is afraid of paying anyone anything in hopes of making the team attractive for sale. He is willing to flush the 09-10 season down the drain in hopes of finding a buyer that may or may not appear. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Archived