Michigan's 'largest' life sciences announcement coming to K'zoo, economic developer says

DetroitMan

I've been trying to piece together the dowtown Pfizer complex for some time, now.

It seems that the smallest of these building, the one on Lovell is called Building 126. The building on the same block but on Portage is Building 267. These two, owned by Pfizer, will be renovated by MPI Research as their downtown Kalamazoo location.

An article I read said that Pfizer Building 300, the largest and tallest of the three left on Portage across from Building 267, will be seperately renovated by Pfizer, itself, for their own use.

So, I know the historic Upjohn Tower was torn down, but wasn't another building of the complex torn down with it? Any historians here know when each of these was built and such?

• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So i'm kind of confused about this, MPI is a company in Mattawan that's bringing a whole bunch of jobs to that area? But this news is really better for tiny Mattawan, and only luke warm news for Kzoo right?

I don't see how this is really bad at all. Its all positive. For the state, the region and both Kzoo and Mattawan. I mean someone can still live in Kzoo; fulfill the requirements for the Kzoo promise and then work here in Mattawan. I think its a win win for most everyone involved.

I don't see how this is really bad at all. Its all positive. For the state, the region and both Kzoo and Mattawan. I mean someone can still live in Kzoo; fulfill the requirements for the Kzoo promise and then work here in Mattawan. I think its a win win for most everyone involved.

Mgman, I fully agree with you. However, MPI already has a pretty large presence and plenty of room in Mattawan. It would be nice if they could have been located in Kzoo all along and expand in some of the decaying industrial areas near downtown....the problem still being that they still wouldnt have too much room if you factor in parking. All in all, I'm hoping that the initial investment they are placing in downtown will only grow.

Archived