RDV buys Charley's Crab site

mgreven

But on the other hand wouldn't it be nice to turn the Grand River into a major vocal point? After all allot of GR UPer's have voiced there discontent about how the city has "turned its back on the river." The Market and Fultion block is a major opportunity to set things straight when it comes to including the river as part of GR's urban fabric.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I know that Alticor's name is supposed to revert back to Amway at some point, but doesn't it kind of look similar to the Alticor logo and the one tower kind of looks like a big "A". Who is going to fill these towers...I would assume some Alticor offices would have to be a part of them.

I'm probably just stretching...

BTW, I do love it a lot! Combine it with Gilmore's project and we're really headed to the next level downtown on that corner! Please build it...hopefully something there has a lot of retail because it's got to be a major draw to really pull it off.

Maybe Visbeen should mark that as a conceptual design independent of the property owners if that is the case. These are sure to set off a hell storm in the media, especially given the property owners and their public comments.

I love it! It's very SCB Design.

The whole massing of it reminds me of this project:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3225/246089...196ceda97_b.jpg

The retail lining both Market and Fulton is fabulous. Can anyone figure out what is going on with the riverfront side? Is that a canal going down between the two towers? Also, I started thinking of Alticor's new company Fulton Innovations (eCoupled technology) and it just occurred to me that Amway's HQ is on Fulton and this site is on Fulton. Am I the only one to just now notice that?

I love it! It's very SCB Design.

The whole massing of it reminds me of this project:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3225/246089...196ceda97_b.jpg

The retail lining both Market and Fulton is fabulous. Can anyone figure out what is going on with the riverfront side? Is that a canal going down between the two towers? Also, I started thinking of Alticor's new company Fulton Innovations (eCoupled technology) and it just occurred to me that Amway's HQ is on Fulton and this site is on Fulton. Am I the only one to just now notice that?

One thing that's interesting about that rendering is that it shows Grandville being extended the Fulton/Monroe/Market intersection and a pocket park between Market and Grandville south of Fulton. Has that been discussed at all as a possibility?

Archived