Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueradon

Earthquake hits southern Illinois/Indiana border

13 posts in this topic

I was up this morning and was sitting in my office and the whole ground started to shake for about 30-45 seconds - it was pretty wild.

It woke me up this morning out of a benadryl-induced sleep. I didn't realize it was an earthquake until I heard about it on NPR this morning.

It woke me up as well. I could feel my bed moving side to side.

I didn't feel a thing o_o

I was REALLY tired, though.

I just felt our office shaking for a few seconds. Was there an aftershock? I am on the top floor so whatever there was might have been exaggerated a bit. This morning I did hear something rattling in my house, but didn't really feel anything.

I guess there was an aftershock just a bit ago. I didn't feel that but i did feel this morning.

I remember waking up for some reason but I don't remember the shaking. It probably startled me awake but I was sort of out of it so I think I just went back to sleep.

whoa wht time did this go on?? I was lying in bed (i work until 3:30 in the morn) and at around 5:30-6:00 I my bed started to to shake and I swear to God i though I was being visited by aliens!!!!

Left for work at 4:40 am this morning and thought I felt a little shaking. I have to be honest, the last thing I thought of was earthquake, even if it was that obvious.

Ok so here's the rundown of the aftershocks that took place so far today...(in CST)

4:37 - 5.2

5:03 - 2.5

5:15 - 2.5

5:36 - 2.4

5:46 - 2.2

6:55 - 2.6

10:14 - 4.6