Granholm to make major announcement on 04/22/2008

So I don't know if anyone watched the news Friday night but WOODTV announced that Granholm would be making an announcement Tuesday in Kalamazoo - and it is being touted that it will be of "national significance"

Nobody is speaking about it right now because it is apparently all a very hush hush matter - so much that I cannot even find an article online about this announcement - I just caught it on TV.

But my guess is that because Tuesday will be Earth Day that it may have to do something with the environment or alternative energy. But who knows?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I don't know if anyone watched the news Friday night but WOODTV announced that Granholm would be making an announcement Tuesday in Kalamazoo - and it is being touted that it will be of "national significance"

Nobody is speaking about it right now because it is apparently all a very hush hush matter - so much that I cannot even find an article online about this announcement - I just caught it on TV.

But my guess is that because Tuesday will be Earth Day that it may have to do something with the environment or alternative energy. But who knows?

Michiganliberal.org got the inside scoop. Apparently MPI Research has submitted for a Michigan MEGA Tax Credit for a $300 Million investment that is expected to create 3300 direct jobs, and possibly 3300 spin-off jobs in related support industries.

MPI is a Biotech Contract Research Organization (CRO), based in Mattawan. MPI is looking to take over many of Pfizer's old facilities in this move.

mgman made a similar post in the Kalamazoo section.

Archived