New transmission tower on Paris Mountain?

linkerjpatrick

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just looking at the pictures, I can't really tell much except that it's a mess. If anyone has been up there recently, what kind of materials/equipment would a clean-up require? paint? permission from the property owner (DOES anyone own it?) a trailer to haul the junked cars away? what else?

I'd love it if this clean-up actually took place. It's too beautiful a place to leave this way.

If it is an owner negligence issue, the county can force a property owner to clean up the property, via citation, similar to a private property owner being given a citation for having an unhealthy property. It probably depends on what the property is zoned for.

I wouldn't go and organize a private clean up, on someone's else's property. You would probably need residents of the surrounding area to complain to the police department, and then attempt to cite whoever owns the land, if possible.

Lots of variables here...

May I suggest a letter writing campaign as a starting point? If this is indeed the property of SC State Commission of Forestry then a multitude of letters to them may get someone's attention. Write members of our legislative delegation ... your own representative and senator, as well as whoever represents this area. A letter or two to the Greenville News may also be noticed. You could also try directly contacting a reporter ... they are always looking for new stories. I suggest making note of a reporter who normally covers this area, as the GNews assigns reporters by area, and contacting him/her. You might also try the Journal, but in my opinion the News has more effect on our legislators.

Archived