Fight or Flight

Hi Everyone & Anyone,

I'm a filmmaker coming over from Ireland to the Little Rock Film Festival in May 2008 with the feature film "Fight or Flight". It is showing on Friday May 16th @ 5pm and Saturday May 17th @ 9.30 PM at the festival. It is a story about inner conflict based on a journey around Thailand's ring fighting scene - Muay Thai Boxing. We have had some great reviews which can be seen on the movie website. www.fightorflight.tv

Little Rock Film Festival - Fight or Flight

Link

It was featured on CBS news, New York in March and I travelled to New Zealand where it toured a festival there and gained much interest from TV and Radio news.

If you are interested or anyone you know is interested in coming long please let them know.

Hope you can make it and thanks -

Peter J McCarthy

Gooddogfilms.com

Below is a short clip from the film - More trailers / clips are available on youtube type "gooddogfilms"

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool, Peter. Glad to hear your film is at the festival. If I can, I'll definitely check this one out.

I'm actually tentatively scheduled to volunteer with the Little Rock Film Festival (depending on whether I get this internship in Washington DC, which overlaps with the film festival).

And In case none of you other forumers have checked out the Little Rock Film Festival website, get a load of the staff behind it: http://www.littlerockfilmfestival.org/staff.html Those people have resumes a mile long. The future of the festival is incredibly experienced/wise hands.

Thanks Turbo Turtle,

I cant give to much away but you are right. It is quite a spiritual film based around observation of inner conflict in the subject with his supposition that fighting is the only way to come to terms with his past. To an extent, the subject is a guinea pig for his own analysis which observes the primal nature of violence in human beings and modern society. The film looks at violence from a very different way, macro and micro level, from individuals to countries. While Fight or Flight is based around the ring fighting scene in Thailand, it is not a martial arts film.

It is quite a journey and it takes the audience to a place in themselves. Cant say too much more other than it has ben described as "Powerfull stuff". I have had several enquiries from producers and directors who are looking to write a script for a fiction drama.

It took almost six years to make and at times it has wrecked my head in the making of it. I begged borrowed, re-mortgaged etc to complete it but I stand behind it fully and say that I am extremely proud of what it is and stands for and I am also very proud to be able to travel with it to Little Rock in Arkansas. Heard it is nice there !

Cheers

Peter

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Johnny,

Thanks for coming along

- Cheers and all the best

Peter

Very cool, Peter. Glad to hear your film is at the festival. If I can, I'll definitely check this one out.

I'm actually tentatively scheduled to volunteer with the Little Rock Film Festival (depending on whether I get this internship in Washington DC, which overlaps with the film festival).

And In case none of you other forumers have checked out the Little Rock Film Festival website, get a load of the staff behind it: http://www.littlerockfilmfestival.org/staff.html Those people have resumes a mile long. The future of the festival is incredibly experienced/wise hands.

Archived