Hope is in the air for NFL fans

NcSc74

Here we go again fans. We all are going over those mock drafts and hangin on every little analyst word as Saturday approaches. Our teams have made some changes some good some bad. Now we look for the rookie that will change the fortunes of our franchise. Nowadays teams pay players to play which make the draft so much more important. Who will be your teams impact rookie. Who do you wish your team will draft. If you were GM what direction would take your team. Finally how worried are you about the teams in your division. Lets discuss.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Miami is already off the clock... they signed Jake Long with the first overall pick.

In most cases going for a talented OT is pretty much a safe move. The O line is what separates average teams from the ones that go deep in the playoffs so I kinda like this move. Yeah No.1 is high but if he is as good as they say then I'm sure Miami will get there monies worth. Besides Linemen usually stay with a team longer than those pre-madonna skill position players.

Mike Rucker retired today so I look for my team the Panthers to draft Harvey. The DE from Florida. We have issues at a few spots but knowing Fox he wants that D-line to get pressure. We were slacking last year so look for Harvey to be a Panther. Then in the second round we probably will pick up a RB or O-lineman. Thats just my hunch. We are pretty predictable so I feel my mock draft is accurate.

In most cases going for a talented OT is pretty much a safe move. The O line is what separates average teams from the ones that go deep in the playoffs so I kinda like this move. Yeah No.1 is high but if he is as good as they say then I'm sure Miami will get there monies worth. Besides Linemen usually stay with a team longer than those pre-madonna skill position players.

Mike Rucker retired today so I look for my team the Panthers to draft Harvey. The DE from Florida. We have issues at a few spots but knowing Fox he wants that D-line to get pressure. We were slacking last year so look for Harvey to be a Panther. Then in the second round we probably will pick up a RB or O-lineman. Thats just my hunch. We are pretty predictable so I feel my mock draft is accurate.

Can't agree more about an OL player. I think how St. Louis picks will really effect how the draft goes. If they take the other Long we will see some moving around and unique picks, especially with NE at 7 and Baltimore at 8 wanting Ryan. If St. Louis takes Dorsey things will be pretty mediocre to start the beginning of the draft.

Hopefully Jake Long can have an instant impact for the sorry Dolphins O-Line; much like Joe Thomas did last season for the Browns.

There always seems to be teams moving up & down in the order; making trades. The Vikings have traded there 1st Round Pick (17th) and 3rd next year?? for Chiefs All-Pro DE-Jared Allen.

Wonder where RB-Darren McFadden goes??? Raiders, Cowboys, Jets??? DT-Glen Dorsey and DE-Chris Long are some bad dudes! The teams that pick them should be impressed!

Always interesting to see the super-sleepers from the smaller schools. CB's Leodis McKelvin (Troy) and Dominique Rogers-Cromartie(Tenn.State) could be 1st Round Picks.

My favorite team, the Saints need to Draft a solid CB. Rumor has it they could be interested in trading up for Dorsey?? That would be cool; he would play in the NFL, College and H.S. all within 75 miles.

I bet there will be some surprise moves...overall this seems to be a good draft class.

if any one of Simmons, McFadden, or Ryan are available at 7 where the Patriots pick I think we will see a lot of action. Also, I heard the patriots might be going for CJ could be exciting.

Hopefully Jake Long can have an instant impact for the sorry Dolphins O-Line; much like Joe Thomas did last season for the Browns.

There always seems to be teams moving up & down in the order; making trades. The Vikings have traded there 1st Round Pick (17th) and 3rd next year?? for Chiefs All-Pro DE-Jared Allen.

Wonder where RB-Darren McFadden goes??? Raiders, Cowboys, Jets??? DT-Glen Dorsey and DE-Chris Long are some bad dudes! The teams that pick them should be impressed!

I don't think Dallas will go after McFadden although there was speculation there for a while. Dallas has other needs besides another RB and can't give up too much just to get him. I keep hearing they'll just wait and pick up his RB teammate Felix Jones. He will probably be a good secondary back behind Marion Barber. I think McFadden goes 6th maybe 7th.

I don't think Dallas will go after McFadden although there was speculation there for a while. Dallas has other needs besides another RB and can't give up too much just to get him. I keep hearing they'll just wait and pick up his RB teammate Felix Jones. He will probably be a good secondary back behind Marion Barber. I think McFadden goes 6th maybe 7th.

Felix Jones will be a great back for Dallas, I also think in the long run he may be the better back. He was behind McFadden and never got the spotlight or enough of the carries to shine. Reminds me of the two Auburn backs a few years ago. And how the "#2" really is the one who is doing good now.

Looks like the Raiders may take McFadden at 4; QB-Ryan could go 3rd pick to Falcons; Chiefs may trade the 5th spot??

It's almost time!!! :yahoo:

Arkansas wss a much better team with Felix Jones than w/o him. When he was Jones was out w/ injury they could key on McFadden easier. I think both backs are explosive home-run threats anytime they touch the ball.

I think it has something to do with putting final closure on the Mike Vick chapter.

The Falcons needed the face to the franchise. Ryan fills the Mike Vick hole. Same leadership, headliner role.

4: OAK = McFadden

Def. think that is why they did it, but I am still unsure if it is a good move. I think Dorsey would help them so much more initially. I could be wrong, I most likely will be wrong :D:whistling:

Archived