Drive - A new MDOT website

blueradon

I was on the michigan.gov website and noticed that MDOT has launched a new online interactive map service and let me tell you I absolutely love it.

http://www.michigan.gov/drive

You can look at lane closures, upcoming construction projects, and picture-perfect traffic cams around the state including GR.

The one disadvantage we have right now is that Detroit commuters can look at real-time accidents and incidents to avoid any necessary traffic backups and they can also look at current speed limits say if road conditions are hazardous (or perhaps for construction).

I think it is a neat website and I hope they will add a lot more features to it soon!

P.S. - I was hesitant on making a separate thread for this as it is transit related - so if the moderators want to move this where appropriate that's fine.

I noticed another neat feature with this map is that they have city borders and also all the rail lines in michigan - could be good use for people wanting to use the map for ideas :)

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was on the michigan.gov website and noticed that MDOT has launched a new online interactive map service and let me tell you I absolutely love it.

You can look at lane closures, upcoming construction projects, and picture-perfect traffic cams around the state including GR.

The one disadvantage we have right now is that Detroit commuters can look at real-time accidents and incidents to avoid any necessary traffic backups and they can also look at current speed limits say if road conditions are hazardous (or perhaps for construction).

I think it is a neat website and I hope they will add a lot more features to it soon!

P.S. - I was hesitant on making a separate thread for this as it is transit related - so if the moderators want to move this where appropriate that's fine.

I noticed another neat feature with this map is that they have city borders and also all the rail lines in michigan - could be good use for people wanting to use the map for ideas :)

I think it is an improvement upon the rest of the site. When I worked at MDOT they always said "go find it on the website" Lets just say, I spent a lot of time searching for things they said existed. It is much better from what I have seen so far in the way of content layout. I wish they would upgrade the whole site.

Archived