Ivey Square Office Condos

IRR-SC

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You probably are wanting to know more current info., but I wrote about the history of this building in my forthcoming book, A Guide to Historic Greenville, SC, to be published by History Press next month ( http://www.historypress.net/index_forthcoming.php ). The entry is as follows...

Until the late 1800s, this city block between what is now North Street and Beattie was composed of large residential and boarding homes. According to Henry McKoy, the earliest known home on the northeast corner of North Main and East North Streets was P.A. McDavid

Our office used to be on the top floor of that building. I don't have any pictures from our time there (I bought my DSLR after we moved); however, it was a nice office and I liked working there. What type of information do you want to know about it?

Our office used to be on the top floor of that building. I don't have any pictures from our time there (I bought my DSLR after we moved); however, it was a nice office and I liked working there. What type of information do you want to know about it?

Here's a rundown of what I personally liked and didn't like:

Good

- Balconies: Our particular office had two balconies. Both balconies were shared with the the neighboring offices who never used them. These were great places to take a break and were a great staging ground for downtown events. Parades typically go right by the balcony on main st.

- Location: This is a great location. This side of town is more established than the West End and Main st. is gorgeous. There are a number of good lunch restaurants in the area ( Blue Ridge, Lemongrass, etc. ).

- Staff: They had a full time cleaning staff that cleaned the inside of the building as well as all the condos. Not sure if it is standard to clean the inside of leased offices. Our currently place does not so we had to hire someone ourselves.

- Security: Keycard access to all outer doors.

- Office Setup: Our particular office had a number of offices surrounding a square hallway. This place is the opposite of a cube farm. You can shut your door and it is very quiet. I never brought headphones and could play my music at a reasonable volume without the sound carrying down the hallway.

Bad (Nothing really that bad)

- Parking: We had to park on Richardson. I'm can't really complain about walking a little over a block.. this wasn't really that big of a deal.

- Inner Building Security. The interior office doors could be easily picked. This would be a bigger deal if the outer doors weren't keycard, but I definitely forgot my keys a number of times and could get into our office with my eyes closed and a credit card. I'm sure these could be inspected and fixed easily.

Archived