Aetna Opens Customer Center

http://www.courant.com/business/hc-bizdigb...0,1635079.story

Aetna officially opened its new 14,000-square-foot customer center in Hartford on Tuesday, a facility designed to attract new employer-customers, keep the old ones and get them to buy more insurance or services.

Many of the visiting customers come from large national companies and will help boost Hartford's economy through air travel, hotel and restaurant use, and visits to local historic and cultural attractions, Aetna said. The company expects to host more than 200 briefings at its new center this year attended by roughly 1,700 individuals.

I knew this was happening but was unaware of its influence on the city. Aparently all of these traveling expense accounts were spending money in Middletown in the past. Now they will be in Hartford. More importantly this is the kind of thing where companies spare no expense in the wooing process so mortons, Max etc should get a little extra business :). I hope it works out well for Aetna. I also am glad that Hartford will have a nice small guarenteed tourism boost.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived