Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blackcoat

LSU-VA Hospital Complex

11 posts in this topic

Since this is such a large on-going project, I felt that it needed its own thread. Ironically, no news has surfaced about the Federal City project in Algiers since that thread was created, so hopefully I'm not jinxing this...

After several recent reports about the uncertainty of the future of the hospital complex (1, 2, 3, 4), Governor Jindal confirmed the state's commitment to this project. Though there is still much work to be done before we see any signs of construction, the governor unequivocally asserted that the state is throwing its weight behind this project.

Finally. I hope that but next year this time we'll be looking at a ground breaking

What does this all mean for Big Charity, the old VA Hospital, and University Hospital?

Some area residents have sparked debate over the location of the proposed LSU-VA Hospital. Though only mentioned in a caption, it seems that Victory Real Estate has offered to sell its Mid-City property (site of the former Lindy Boggs Medical Center) to the government, which could quickly begin redeveloping that property as the new LSU-VA Hospital.

Some area residents have sparked debate over the location of the proposed LSU-VA Hospital. Though only mentioned in a caption, it seems that Victory Real Estate has offered to sell its Mid-City property (site of the former Lindy Boggs Medical Center) to the government, which could quickly begin redeveloping that property as the new LSU-VA Hospital.

The state and the city have already stated that they only support a combined LSU/VA hospital at Tulane Ave. and that no other options are on the table. I suspect groundbreaking early next year after the land is acquired.

The state and the city have already stated that they only support a combined LSU/VA hospital at Tulane Ave. and that no other options are on the table. I suspect groundbreaking early next year after the land is acquired.

The project site of the hospital should be near the Tulane and Perdido. This could make the hospital more accessible to the two places.

Current Renderings for the VA Hospital.

Aerial_CanalGalvez_i.gif

Canal and Galvez

Aerial_Rocheblave_i.jpg

View from Rocheblave

CanalSt_Entry_i.jpg

Canal Street entrance

energyplant_i.jpg

View from Tulane

DixieResearch_i.jpg

Dixie Brewery